Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 3 Post By LEEMJONES

Finally, I'm in the 21st Century!

This is a discussion on Finally, I'm in the 21st Century! within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Engineer arrived this morning at 8:05 , by 8:35 he had moved my master socket to the living room from ...

LEEMJONES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Finally, I'm in the 21st Century!

Engineer arrived this morning at 8:05 , by 8:35 he had moved my master socket to the living room from the hall, sorted out the cabinet and installed Sky Fiber.
      The difference is massive!! Ive been stuck with1.5-2mb broadband for the past 5 years , the Mrs complaining when shes trying to work from home and Im wanting to have a quick blast on the PS3. Did a few speed checks and my speed is ranging from 37.4mb to 38.5mb depending on which way the wind is blowing.
      I noticed a 1GB update for BF3 last night so I thought I would test out the fiber with it this morning , the update was complete in less than 10 minutes.
      All in all a very happy punter.
      Last edited by LEEMJONES; 30-04-12 at 12:58 PM.
      NewsreadeR, Ipster and web_wizard like this.

2. Advertisement
      Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Re: Finally, I'm in the 21st Century!

All these people that are having their master sockets moved from the hall into the living room im asuming have their line coming from a pole to their home and bt is just re-routing the drop wire and making a new entry point into the living room ?
      My master socket is also in the hall with no power socket but the line is underground from the cab to the property and comes in from under the front outbuilding/shed so im guessing moving my master socket is not an option

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      All these people that are having their master sockets moved from the hall into the living room im asuming have their line coming from a pole to their home and bt is just re-routing the drop wire and making a new entry point into the living room ?
      My master socket is also in the hall with no power socket but the line is underground from the cab to the property and comes in from under the front outbuilding/shed so im guessing moving my master socket is not an option
      It depends on how your internal wires are, my master socket is in the hallway but providing your other extentsions feed to the back of the master socket it is just a case of the engineer twiddling. If you have no other internal wires/sockets in your home they can just run an extension cable to your new location from where the old master socket was. I think it depends more on the location of your sockets rather than how the wires get to your house.

LEEMJONES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As above , my house is a new build with the living room on the 1st floor. The engineer just blanked off the master socket and made the other extension socket in the living room (the next one in the change) the newmaster socket. Took him about 2 minutes.