Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagem dhcp reservation/wifi issue? ubuntu

This is a discussion on Sagem dhcp reservation/wifi issue? ubuntu within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Firstly, loving fibre. Can't believe how seemless the internets have become. I'm in work now, we've only got a dedicated ...

s1ndr0me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWPEU
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sagem dhcp reservation/wifi issue? ubuntu

Firstly, loving fibre. Can't believe how seemless the internets have become. I'm in work now, we've only got a dedicated 10meg circuit and that could have 300 people on it at any given time. It's gonna be a sloooowwww day in the office

Anyway, We've been playing with getting some n to an openelec install of xbmc (acer revo r3610) which proved unsuccessful. We quickly moved onto xbmcbuntu to get a better view of what was going on. We had it all working. Could browse the internet etc but when it came to mapping shares on the NAS things got a bit tricky. At first we thought the sky router was only letting wifi traffic through on 80 but a quick test of some windows devices showed that the NAS was accessible.

I usually do all our networking using dhcp and reservations so had made two reservations in the sky router for the NAS and my PC. These are the two devices we were trying to access from ubuntu. Removing the reservations restored all network connectivity. Any ideas people. I might just drop the sagem dhcp and get it up and running on the NAS. Might be noting that our ios devices could not be pinged either while those reservations were in place.

Once we had everything working we tested some streaming and found that it was possible to stream full 1080p 15gig mkv's across the sagem n network. However it was a bit hit and miss in XBMC. Sometimes the movie would hang just as it started and nothing but a reboot would bring xbmc back to life. shame.

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sagem dhcp reservation/wifi issue? ubuntu

Dont really trust the Sagem router, had problems with the DMZ function, so just just did a forward of 1-65535 to the same pointing at my Billion router, it all worked!

Anyway, suggest you leave the DHCP to something you KNOW will do it and can handle reservations. If your NAS can do it then fine, my QNap can, although I leave the DHCP to the Billion.

As soon as I know the Billion can handle the MER on vdsl, then the Sagem goes back in the box for emergency use only.