Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Are torrents being blocked?

This is a discussion on Are torrents being blocked? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by jdsimp1234 oh, i am not on any private/public trackers... You must be surely, how else are you ...

Broosta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Are torrents being blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by jdsimp1234 View Post
      oh, i am not on any private/public trackers...
      You must be surely, how else are you using the bit torrent network?
      Pirate Bay, for instance, is a public tracker; as is any place you download torrents from which does not require you to become a member, and the members only ones are the private trackers.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David76 View Post
      i dont intend to break rules also

"Invites are disabled for the moment. May never come back" been like this for ages! a lot of the latest blockbuster BDs seem to originate from the chinese sites which get the internal encode treatment.

dont use it, not logged in for several weeks. forums are very quiet... though pleasant enough.

never used that one, but for me TL > FTN, SCC and even SCT (when alive) though dont use the forums!

not a member of P, but E is a dying site which i rarely login to!!! if you are a member of the 2 Ws, you would be massively disappointed with E!!!

not a member, offered invites to them... but to much pressure on uploading / downloading for me

3 per month for unlimited download was a no brainer for me, though you wouldn't benefit with a seedbox

was a member of fst, but not used for ages. i'm not a trader / seller, but all of the sites mentioned are closed anyway

that quotathon took a while lol
      I think that makes you the most leet torrent person I have spoken to! Of the high level trackers I think you're only missing ITS (excluding magic trackers of course!). And almost surprised no mention of Skittles or UK-T, (may they rest in peace)!

So whats next? Top sites and the Deep Web lol!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Discussion is fine, the only thing we are bothered about is links to the torrents or sites etc - We would rather not go down that road of promoting illegal downloads of copyrighted material.

Yes we accept that torrents are used for the download of legitimate software, but then again, I don't know of anyone who uses them for 'purely legal' purposes, and if people are honest, they would probably come to the same conclusion.
      Broosta likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

David76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broosta
      I think that makes you the most leet torrent person I have spoken to! Of the high level trackers I think you're only missing ITS (excluding magic trackers of course!). And almost surprised no mention of Skittles or UK-T, (may they rest in peace)!

So whats next? Top sites and the Deep Web lol!
      leet! lol not me.. they are all old, 5+ years, accounts that where acquired when invites easy to find. other than the 3 mentioned before, i dont need other places... though all of those mentioned above was available at E, until the invite forum was deleted.

whats next?.... sky movies and a lovefilm subscription are used alot these days in my house. though if something i would like to watch is not available.. torrents come in handy
      Broosta likes this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David76 View Post
      leet! lol not me.. they are all old, 5+ years, accounts that where acquired when invites easy to find. other than the 3 mentioned before, i dont need other places... though all of those mentioned above was available at E, until the invite forum was deleted.

whats next?.... sky movies and a lovefilm subscription are used alot these days in my house. though if something i would like to watch is not available.. torrents come in handy
      That is so leet! lol! You're so leet you don't even know you're leet! - "Yeah I just happened to fall into these trackers back in the day..."
      Well you don't need telling but, look after those accounts cos they're very hard to get now.
      Nice one.

Well I guess its time to stop hi-jacking this thread - sorry OP!

SOF006 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: BT Hub 6 (BT Smart HUB)
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunn View Post
      Im only getting 1 to 2mb max normally hangs around the 800 mark that's using utorrent then it say disk full 100% or something and slows right down and when it's finished it say flushing data what ever that is
      This is because your HDD isn't fast enough, the HDD crashes because the amount of data being received is too much per second.
      Go into preferences, advanced and select Disk Cache then check the box that says Override automatic cache size and set it to 1024 MB.

Bunn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stony stratford
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOF006 View Post
      This is because your HDD isn't fast enough, the HDD crashes because the amount of data being received is too much per second.
      Go into preferences, advanced and select Disk Cache then check the box that says Override automatic cache size and set it to 1024 MB.
      Cheers for that

Any idea what sort of torrent speeds i should be getting? only running wifi over 802.11b/g at the mo my max so far seems to be between 1.5 and 2mb wired was hitting bout 3mb is that right for my fibre speed.

cheers

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

1 thing I never do on my own laptop...

I never install any email clients/torrent/p2p clients...I only have a email peeper type software.. that tells me I am recieving emails...but cannot read them until I get home...

That way my/your laptop cannot get cought with a virus... only way it can caught is via internet browsing...
      Last edited by jdsimp1234; 09-05-12 at 02:42 AM.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I'm puzzled. Why do you think it worth saying that you are using something to check when you have emails arriving, but don't bother checking them?

As for not being at risk of picking up a Virus, there are several other methods of delivering nasties. Browsing, downloading torrents, reading emails are just a handful.

A decent firewall and anti-virus program are just a couple of the available tools to help to keep your computer clean. Anti-Malware software, a good head on your shoulders, and a good deal of luck will all also help.

Not all torrents carry nasties. Sadly there are people out there, I am guessing that they are funded by the big copyright holders, who go out of their way to release some with nasties attached.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

i do run the free version of avast! anti-virus on my laptop and that is the least i have installed....some games are installed too...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast