Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree6Likes

Fibre Install today - waiting on bto engineer

This is a discussion on Fibre Install today - waiting on bto engineer within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by jingars Spoken with Sky fibre team. Cut to the chase - screwed up Sky system has not ...

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Fibre Install today - waiting on bto engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jingars View Post
      Spoken with Sky fibre team.

Cut to the chase - screwed up Sky system has not interfaced with BT. There has been no order for our fibre with BT by Sky.

Vague and completely unsatisfactory response from Sky as to how they propose to rectify the situation; we may get a call on Tuesday of next week. And I may be the next Archbishop of Canterbury. In any event, it seems clear that we will get added to the back of the BT queue, despite ordering the service on the first day that Sky were taking web orders.

Complaint raised with Sky, for all the good that it will do us.

Clearly Sky have internal IT systems written by Fisher Price; what sort of order fulfillment system will allow them to prepare and send a router, yet not validate that they have managed to order the line that the damn thing is going to be attached to?

No pro-active management of the order process at all.

Seriously tempted to cancel and go to BT direct - especially with their recent speed bump.

In summary - useless.
      Sorry to hear.

It dopes seem that if it goes pear shaped, as a sky customer you go to the back of the queue.

2. Advertisement
      wakey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: HASLINGTON
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: TP-Link TP-1043ND
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingars View Post
      Spoken with Sky fibre team.

Cut to the chase - screwed up Sky system has not interfaced with BT. There has been no order for our fibre with BT by Sky.

Vague and completely unsatisfactory response from Sky as to how they propose to rectify the situation; we may get a call on Tuesday of next week. And I may be the next Archbishop of Canterbury. In any event, it seems clear that we will get added to the back of the BT queue, despite ordering the service on the first day that Sky were taking web orders.

Complaint raised with Sky, for all the good that it will do us.

Clearly Sky have internal IT systems written by Fisher Price; what sort of order fulfillment system will allow them to prepare and send a router, yet not validate that they have managed to order the line that the damn thing is going to be attached to?

No pro-active management of the order process at all.

Seriously tempted to cancel and go to BT direct - especially with their recent speed bump.

In summary - useless.
      The problem with being added to the back of the queue seems it may be more BT's fault than Sky's. It seems to be that Sky have to hook into the BT system and it offers Sky no flexibility to rush reorders when a screwup happens. They can just add it to the earliest available slot no matter the reason
      NewsreadeR likes this.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I know it is not fibre related, but I had huge problems getting connected to LLU in December 06 when they were rolling it out.

Looks like similar teething problems to me. Not much good to the customer, but hopefully Sky can sort things out, and quickly.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I know it is not fibre related, but I had huge problems getting connected to LLU in December 06 when they were rolling it out.

Looks like similar teething problems to me. Not much good to the customer, but hopefully Sky can sort things out, and quickly.
      This time next year everyone will be laughing about it.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wakey View Post
      The problem with being added to the back of the queue seems it may be more BT's fault than Sky's. It seems to be that Sky have to hook into the BT system and it offers Sky no flexibility to rush reorders when a screwup happens. They can just add it to the earliest available slot no matter the reason
      ye, and i don't like the current BTO re-schedule times...over 2 weeks on an installation that they screwed-up...sky should of given the engineer my home phone number, and not my mobile number, as i accidentally told sky the incorrect mobile number, mixed numbers round by accident, I have told sky to give/use my home phone for the BTO engineer...come 14th may...hope sky get it right..will check up on the information sky has...and I hope BTO don't screw it up for me...otherwise its another 2 weeks reschedule...

Ohhhh.....i forgot to say, i was walking into my town this morning, around 10:30amish.... seen a BTO van with a BTO engineer...he was fiddling with one of the cabinets on the side of the road... not the big green fibre cabinets tho, the smaller green cabinets...doesn't the BTO engineer have to fiddle with the smaller cabinets during the installation...to cut off old line to the exchange?

It looked like he was clipping two wires out of the cabinet...it looked like the 2 wires were connected to a small plastic transparent circuit breaker...think it was brown and blue wires...

eh...i wonder what would of happened if I had mentioned the screw-up to him, about yesterday. I wonder if he would of done the installation, on the spot, way before 14th may.....hmmmmm... he would of had to contact his manager 1st tho i think... or not?
      Last edited by jdsimp1234; 28-04-12 at 06:16 PM.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

I doubt he would have been able to do anything for you as i guess they would have a schedule of jobs they have to stick to and can only do the work they are told probably, plus they are probably so busy with all the new installs that they wouldnt want to add in extra work onto their current scheduled jobs, its very unfortunate for you what happened (and the couple others with similar situations) but to the BTO man you would just be a job number and he probably wouldnt be that bothered, i could be wrong tho and i guess it never hurts to ask in such a situation but id be very surprised if it got you anywhere tbh.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by jdsimp1234 View Post
      not the big green fibre cabinets tho, the smaller green cabinets...doesn't the BTO engineer have to fiddle with the smaller cabinets during the installation...to cut off old line to the exchange?
      When you are connect to FTTC it is only your broadband that uses fibre cables back to the exchange. Your telephone calls still use copper all the way back
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Well, it is Tuesday evening and Sky still haven't done a damn thing to rectify my fibre order - still no order placed with BTO. Kevin from the Sky fibre team could offer no explanation as to why nothing had been done.

To repeat my previous summary of the state of affairs - useless.

I will be cancelling my Sky fibre order when he rings back after 16:00 tomorrow. Let's see what sort of mess they can make of that process; they will probably cut my Unlimited Sky ADSL in the process.

jingars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01905
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I did receive a call from the Sky Fibre team, (Kevin was too busy, so a chap called George called in his stead) to tell me that they still hadn't been able to sort out my order on their internal systems, so no progress had been made since last Friday.

I have told George to cancel my Sky Fibre order. Their ineptitude in seeking to manage what is supposedly their bread and butter daily business is truly breathtaking.

Will stick with Sky ADSL until after my hols and then will see about moving to BT. You hear horror stories about BT, but I refuse to believe that they could do worse than Sky have mis-managed to do for me.

musicus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Malvern
      Thanks

I know you've been really badly served here, but I was with BT Internet for some years and - believe me - they are quite capable of equally bad stuff. Also, you won't enjoy BT's customer service one little bit. My advice, FWIW, is hang on in there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast