Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Believe In Bull

This is a discussion on Sky Believe In Bull within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That's it I've had it with Sky!! After last years nightmare in trying to get a phone line activated I've ...

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Sky Believe In Bull

That's it I've had it with Sky!! After last years nightmare in trying to get a phone line activated I've taken more than I can!!

Placed fibre order on 13th for installation on 27th. This was promptly cancelled by them and reordered for the 30th.

I received the router last week and then today I get a text saying they ate unable to complete my order!!

After 15 on the phone with mike it seems BTO are blaming Sky for giving them the wrong line ID (from the cabinet to the exchange) and that my order is cancelled as a result!!!

According to mike this is the 1st thing that is checked before an order is confirmed!!! The exceptions team would contact me tomorrow but my 30th install was 100% cancelled.

I have told them to shove my fibre order. Due to my work I cannot just drop a shift in the vain hope that an engineer may arrive. After 3 NO engineer shows last year I'm not chancing it with sky again.

Once I can work out some time off I'm going to BT Infinity. I'd rather not but it seems that in my property/area BT and Sky cannot seem to work together.

If it wasn't for the fact I needed to keep Eurosport id cancel all my packages!!!!

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

re: Sky Believe In Bull

Sorry about this.

Have you tried contacting the Exec team? Address it to Jeremy Darroch: jeremy dot darroch at bskyb dot com

He won't actually deal with it, but someone from his team will.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

atgooner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Upton Park
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

At least you can order the damn thing - after THREE seperate phone calls on three seperate days totally well over 3 HOURS - I still am unable to order fibre due to Sky's order system not letting me do so even though I am 100% able to have it.

Apparently I'll have to pay the installation charge by calling them again tonight and then they will refund it to me immediately to see if it will go through.

NilSatisOptimum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNNN
      Broadband ISP: Fibre 38d/19.5u
      Router: Billion Bipac
      Thanks

Dont want to play devils advocate, however Bt retail and others suffer the same issues, they are at the mercy of the information they acting off. The only two things that is clear, its a far from smooth process and dont even assume you can get it even if your next door neighbour has it.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Believe In Bull

I have removed the *'s from the thread title, as we don't like sweary words being used on here.

I hope you get sorted out asap
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~