Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

is it normal for my connection to keep dropping?

This is a discussion on is it normal for my connection to keep dropping? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi i wonder if you could help me im due to get fibre installed for my sky unlimted broadband connect ...

shakey1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: New Brancepeth NENP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

is it normal for my connection to keep dropping?

Hi i wonder if you could help me im due to get fibre installed for my sky unlimted broadband connect keeps dropping so i rang sky to notify them incase of a line problem they basicly said this was normal when migrating over can anyone confirm this ?

oh the agent actually said i was the first one he had actully had conection with fibre on their accoubt lol and he wished he could get it

2. Advertisement
      Laprion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMBT
      Broadband ISP: SBUF From 1st May
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

re: is it normal for my connection to keep dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1980 View Post
      Hi i wonder if you could help me im due to get fibre installed for my sky unlimted broadband connect keeps dropping so i rang sky to notify them incase of a line problem they basicly said this was normal when migrating over can anyone confirm this ?

oh the agent actually said i was the first one he had actully had conection with fibre on their accoubt lol and he wished he could get it
      i'm on SUB switch to SUBF an no issue here

shakey1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: New Brancepeth NENP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

re: is it normal for my connection to keep dropping?

oh well thanks for that i hope this isint going to be a fisaco

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: is it normal for my connection to keep dropping?

Fob off really. The only time your connection should drop is when they are doing the actual change-over. There is no reason why it should drop before that. Why should it? Nothing is being done to your line until the BTO engineer turns up. Let's hope your problem is either at the exchange, between the cabinet and the exchange or a faulty router. All of these will be fixed with the new connection. If it is a fault between you and the cabinet, hopefully the BTO engineer will detect and fix it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Laprion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMBT
      Broadband ISP: SBUF From 1st May
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Fob off really. The only time your connection should drop is when they are doing the actual change-over. There is no reason why it should drop before that. Why should it? Nothing is being done to your line until the BTO engineer turns up. Let's hope your problem is either at the exchange, between the cabinet and the exchange or a faulty router. All of these will be fixed with the new connection. If it is a fault between you and the cabinet, hopefully the BTO engineer will detect and fix it.

I was wondering that if there is a fault that noone knows about at time of install will they just fix it?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laprion View Post
      I was wondering that if there is a fault that noone knows about at time of install will they just fix it?
      It depends on what happens when the engineer makes the connection. If it syncs a lot lower than expected then he should look into it and fix any problem.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.