Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exchange full...

This is a discussion on Exchange full... within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm on Bridgend exchange (CF31) and to start off with there was a problem with my order because apparently my ...

kn100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Exchange full...

I'm on Bridgend exchange (CF31) and to start off with there was a problem with my order because apparently my LLU broadband was being provided on a different circuit to my telephone. After this was fixed (which took much longer than they said it would but fair enough), they then tell me that my local exchange is sold out completely, as in there are no more slots. Apparently it'll take around 2 months for OR to add more.

Any way I can verify this?

2. Advertisement
      gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Exchange full...

Try ordering with someone else and see if you get the same answer...

Amazing how Bridgend has filled up so fast, though FTTC has been available down there a lot longer. The Aberkenfig exchange I'm connected to is a relative "newbie" having only had FTTC capability since December, let alone had time to fill up!

Thanks

haha, I just attempted to order with sky again, if it fails, I'll ring bt about switching to infinity......yeah right

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Are you looking at Sky Broadband Unlimited or SBUF?

In the past Sky's LLU equipment has become full in some exchanges for ADSL. I am not 100% sure how this will affect SBUF installations but it could be likely that there are no spare ports to connect your telephone lie to the equipment for the SBUF phone & broadband.

The only suggestions I can make at the moment are to call Sky again and see what can be done. You may need to got through to customer services. Try to stay calm and hopefully more can be achieved.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kn100 View Post
      haha, I just attempted to order with sky again, if it fails, I'll ring bt about switching to infinity......yeah right
      Well yeah, I don't mean ACTUALLY go and order BT. What do you think I am, a sadist?

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I'm on Bridgend exchange (CF31) and to start off with there was a problem with my order because apparently my LLU broadband was being provided on a different circuit to my telephone. After this was fixed (which took much longer than they said it would but fair enough), they then tell me that my local exchange is sold out completely, as in there are no more slots. Apparently it'll take around 2 months for OR to add more.

Any way I can verify this?
      As Scubbie has said I would call sky and just check what the agent has said is correct. When a fibre cabinet is installed BTO only seem to be opening up around 100 connections to start with. It is possible that your cabinet has reached that 100 connections and is just waiting for BTO to open up the remainder of the connections.

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@kn100 - weird that for bridgend to have exchange full...hmmmm where in Bridgend are you from? wildmill? cefn glas? pencoed? Brackla? Broadlands? pen-y-fai? Bridgend itself?

Thanks

Well I'll be.

Firstly, always been happy with my ADSL Sky LLU service, service has always been pretty good, very few outages, only one in my memory. People moan about Sky but my experiences have been nothing but pleasant.

I first tried to order sky fiber the day it came out, and got told that I needed to ring sky to confirm some details urgently. Was told on the phone that my current ADSL broadband was being provided on the old telephone number from our old property. This wasn't surprising, same thing happens all the time due to the way WLR3 provides work (work in a BB tech support call center for a small ISP I can not name). Asked them to cease the old provide and provide it on the new telephone number so the fiber order would go through

Called multiple times after the timespans specified to see if it had been sorted, about a week after the ERT it was sorted (once again sympathies to sky), and they then attempted to order SBUF for me. I was then told that unfortunately my exchange was full and I would have to wait 2 months for BTO to add more slots.

Today, just for a laugh, I decided to try and order it again online, and the order went through?! had about six emails confirming it has gone through, so it seems as if everything is going without a hitch.

Oh, and I'm always polite to call center agents, because I know what it's like to be shouted at. Well, I personally just find it hilarious when someones shouting at me, but that's just me

I'm up by Bryntirion Comprehensive, very, very close to there. Didn't know there were so many people from around here on here!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Oh, and I'm always polite to call center agents, because I know what it's like to be shouted at. Well, I personally just find it hilarious when someones shouting at me, but that's just me
      I hope you'll forgive me, I try to word things so as not to cause offence but I sure you'll agree that the call could become quite heated in some circumstances and some people will start raising their voice.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@kn100 - I only live up on the side coity rd, opposite cavalli's chip shop

oh btw my brother lives up on st winifreds rd/street...not far from you...
      Last edited by jdsimp1234; 24-04-12 at 02:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast