Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky Cancelled Fibre Install What can I do???

This is a discussion on Sky Cancelled Fibre Install What can I do??? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right, Finally not the answer I was looking for. Due to my equipment not being on the sky network as ...

atkinz101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Cancelled Fibre Install What can I do???

Right,

Finally not the answer I was looking for. Due to my equipment not being on the sky network as they were using another provider?? I will now have to wait the full 2 weeks as they cannot speed it up.

They have made no excuse for not pulling this up sooner as they have apparently been trying to replace the order since the 13th April but been unsuccessful which I raised will this one not do the same but they have assured me that it will be installed 9th May and I will have no further problems.

Apparently the executive team will not take incoming calls and the only way to contact them will be to log a complaint through the website as they do not take internally logged complaints. This does seem strange as I spoke to them just over 2 weeks ago but I can only go by what I was told.

Fingers crossed no further hiccups but apparently they will not offer anything in compensation as of today as I have one deal for a previous mess they created!

Until the 9th!

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atkinz101 View Post
      Right,

Finally not the answer I was looking for. Due to my equipment not being on the sky network as they were using another provider?? I will now have to wait the full 2 weeks as they cannot speed it up.

They have made no excuse for not pulling this up sooner as they have apparently been trying to replace the order since the 13th April but been unsuccessful which I raised will this one not do the same but they have assured me that it will be installed 9th May and I will have no further problems.

Apparently the executive team will not take incoming calls and the only way to contact them will be to log a complaint through the website as they do not take internally logged complaints. This does seem strange as I spoke to them just over 2 weeks ago but I can only go by what I was told.

Fingers crossed no further hiccups but apparently they will not offer anything in compensation as of today as I have one deal for a previous mess they created!

Until the 9th!
      Well at least you have some sort of reply, the exective team dont take calls usually. Best to email them via Jeremy.darroch AT bskyb.com I have found they do not normally offer compensation until the issue is resolved. But they could argue that you are already getting free connection and a free router.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You are in the same position as many users who thought they were on the full SVBN, when in fact they are not. Usually the problem is picked up at an earlier stage than it was with you and they are told at the point of ordering that they cannot get Fibre and it will be several months before it is fixed. You seem to be lucky in the respect that they are going to connect you, others have not been so fortunate.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Thanks
      I've just received this text from sky Unfortunately we are unable to complete your order. Please contact us at 08442 41**** to discuss further. I'm at work so wont find out until this evening!!

If for any reason they are pulling out of my install date on the 30th I'll tell then to cancel my fibre order. Booking to day off work was hard enough and after the 3 engineer no shows I had last September just trying to get my phone line activated I will NOT go thru this again!!!
      Last edited by Scubbie; 24-04-12 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Removed number as it might be the Fibre team's direct line

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Hopefully you will be able to get a good response.

It does appear that Sky really needs to address these issues ASAP as there have been quite a few members posting comments about different problems. It is also giving us some further insight to how they have set up their networking.

Sorry for deleting the number. Should it be the Fibre team's be posted in public they are too small to cope with the high volume of calls that it would generate.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Had more or less the same thing, placed an order online on the morning of the 13th, got a confirmation back on the page for an install on the 27th, didn't get an email confirmation all day, one finally came through at 1am saying I had to call them, did that on Saturday morning, they'd had "A problem with the system" and now my install was for Monday 30th, can't REALLY complain as it might have been much longer, still, good thing I hadn't of booked the day off too early!

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by atkinz101
      Hi all,

I ordered the "magical" fibre BB after hours of phone calls on the 12th April with install on 26th April. I checked my account this morning on order tracking and all was well however this evening it all went wrong.

I called sky as there was a "problem". They said they couldn't see why so would re-order the package new install date 9th May almost a month after first ordering.

I asked if anything could be done being I've booked the day off work however they replied with a simple and normal no!

I went on to ask being that this slot was booked could they not call open reach and try and get them out as if it was an error I would have them out tomorrow but being an install would be 2 weeks. They replied with I'm not going to bother calling as it makes no difference.

After going on for another half hour finally get to speak with a supervisor after they apparently weren't in. She told me the same thing although now they would call but would have to be tomorrow? Are they really going to call or are they playing lip service.

Bottom line what can actually be done as they are giving me a run around which is frustrating as I have had a rubbish connection since day 1 and want to pay them more to actually fix it! They tell me that the quickest they can do is 2 weeks as they have to route my line before the install can be done. Is this true??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Do what I'm going to do and move to BT!!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Very true about SVBN. Apparently all orders where the exchange can support Fibre will have this process which is why it takes the 2 weeks from time of order.

Very long winded but apparently they shouldn't have any problems. I know have a supervisor from Fibre contacting me every few days just to say all clear or if there is a problem.

They did say there were a few people experiencing this however a friend of mine called to question as he was panicked and they got very defensive saying that this was not an issue and he had no clue what he was talking about. I believe they were quite rude. Clearly they have had a large issue but rather than calling customer's they are taking the reactive approach which will upset a lot more customers!!!

Keeping everything crossed for the 9th now!

Exchange:
      Thanks

If it's not done on the 9th I will be!!!

Thanks
      Sky couldn't even be bothered to call me. They just sent a text with a number to call. Sadly the number put me thru to a department who didn't even know about sky fibre!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast