Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Parcel Force

This is a discussion on Parcel Force within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thanks all. I think one of the posters on here could have been correct in that the delivery driver sneakily ...

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Parcel Force

Thanks all.

I think one of the posters on here could have been correct in that the delivery driver sneakily put the item down as delivered when in fact it hadn't even left the depot! not thinking that I would be tracking the order to see where it is.

2. Advertisement
      Jim_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

I find companies are a lot more responsive and helpful on twitter. Good job.

oglyndwr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
      Thanks all.

I think one of the posters on here could have been correct in that the delivery driver sneakily put the item down as delivered when in fact it hadn't even left the depot! not thinking that I would be tracking the order to see where it is.
      Glad you have it sorted.

I spoke to Royal Mail over the phone, and after an apology was advised to contact SKY as they have a team dedicated to Sky deliveries. Pretty much useless. Contacted Sky and they have arranged another router to be sent out, they are also complaining to Royal Mail and my local delivery depot.

The guy from Sky doubted it would be here by Friday though, which is my installation date. Have arranged to work from home on Friday, if the BTO engineer comes early it is going to leave me without internet connection which is pain when trying to work from home.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oglyndwr View Post
      Glad you have it sorted.

I spoke to Royal Mail over the phone, and after an apology was advised to contact SKY as they have a team dedicated to Sky deliveries. Pretty much useless. Contacted Sky and they have arranged another router to be sent out, they are also complaining to Royal Mail and my local delivery depot.

The guy from Sky doubted it would be here by Friday though, which is my installation date. Have arranged to work from home on Friday, if the BTO engineer comes early it is going to leave me without internet connection which is pain when trying to work from home.

I know how you feel, sorry to hear you have been having problems with Royal Mail too.

So after work this evening I decided to go to my local sorting office and I enquired about the item but the woman at the checkout ended up giving me another parcel for our address that we missed on Saturday! I thanked her but made it clear that this was not the item in question - another look and once again nothing.

So I've been emailing back and forth to Royal Mail and it turns out its actually at the delivery depot in Dagenham (not Romford!) As its a bit of a drive I've decided to ask for a redelivery.

God this damn router doesn't want to reach me!

Thanks

I've just received the router! Really unexpectedly too, one of my neighbours about 2 doors down just knocked on the door and handed it to me (He didn't look too impressed though)

Not sure what's going on then as Royal Mail's web team are saying its in Dagenham. I've emailed them back to say I've received it anyway.

Laprion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMBT
      Broadband ISP: SBUF From 1st May
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
      I've just received the router! Really unexpectedly too, one of my neighbours about 2 doors down just knocked on the door and handed it to me (He didn't look too impressed though)

Not sure what's going on then as Royal Mail's web team are saying its in Dagenham. I've emailed them back to say I've received it anyway.
      or there to much of an information delay just weird at least u have it now

01 May, 2012 09:49:39 37888 Kbps 1644 Kbps

old
      [URL=http://www.speedtest.net/result/1923444745.png[/URL]
      Sky User Speed Tester - 30 April, 2012 08:54:22 - 2176 Kbps - 637 Kbps

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dankargo
      Who would have thought contacting Royal Mail on Twitter would be the best approach for my situation, they just sent me a direct message asking me to check my emails. To my surprise they seemed to chase things up for me and here's what they said

Hello again

I’m pleased to be able to come back to you much sooner than expected, as Customer Services have received a prompt reply from your local delivery office.

A Delivery Manager has completed a search of the office, and thankfully your item has been located. The information on the tracking is incorrect I’m afraid; your complaint has been updated accordingly and the Manager is taking this up with the appropriate members of staff at the moment.

Can you kindly let me know if you’d like a redelivery for this item or whether you’d prefer to collect? I’ll contact the delivery office to arrange this for you.

I've chosen to collect it from the depot, I'm not going to chance another delivery
      The twitter team at Royal Mail are great!! I had big issues last year with my can't be bothered to deliver office. The twitter team sorted them out for me

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Perhaps I shouldn't encourage you all, but some of you may be interested in following the FOI Request:

Number of "parcel returned to depot when resident was home" complaints - a Freedom of Information request to Royal Mail Group Limited - WhatDoTheyKnow
      Dear Royal Mail Group Limited,

Under the FOI Act please could you provide me with the total
      figures of the Number of complaints received relating to "parcel
      returned to depot when resident claimed they were home" during the
      whole of 2011.

Further to this, can you break this figure down to each depot (for
      the same timeframe)?

Jim_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Thanks

So I said my postie is "good as gold", I'm not home today, nobody is, yet tracking as of 5 minutes ago... Delivered.

Now I'm worried. Being that I live in a flat the post boxes are in a lobby by the main entrance, so there is nowhere to leave it. I get things sent recorded every week, and the postie always takes it back to the depot and I rearrange delivery, not today apparently. I'm praying this hasn't gone walkies!

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Surprisingly (I've had all SORTS of problems with the Royal Mail over the past couple of weekends), I got a text this morning saying the delivery would be made today, and another text now saying the delivery had been made, so full marks to them.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast