Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Parcel Force

This is a discussion on Parcel Force within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have to wonder why people are nicking them though - surely they are hard coded with your specific username and ...

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Parcel Force

Have to wonder why people are nicking them though - surely they are hard coded with your specific username and passwords. Unless of course they know how to hack them and change this - wasn't aware this could be done however.

2. Advertisement
      Jim_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Concerning for me, as my router has to come from the same depot as the OP (Romford). Mine is in the network, expected to be posted tomorrow. Usually my postie is as good as gold, so hopefully no issues.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Sadly there are some individuals working for the Royal Mail, and possibly the other delivery firms too, who like to take advantage of their trusted positions.

I know that a lot more get caught than is made public. Sadly too, these people often work within the Royal Mail for many years in some cases.

Since internal calls are often answered by a member of staff first, not management (who are rarely there after around 1pm) I would suggest that you always call 08457 740 740 when you have a compliant which could possibly be interpreted as possible theft. This number is open from 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday. 8am - 1pm on Saturdays and is their 'General Personal enquiries' number.

How can we help? | Royal Mail Ltd

Ideally they should leave a Red Card in all circumstances. There is room on the card to say where a package has been placed should it have been hidden in a safe location.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

wakey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: HASLINGTON
      Router: TP-Link TP-1043ND
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      Agree with Andrewjr. I've stopped using certain online retailers because they use CityLink. Though I did get caught out the other week as I wanted something urgently so stumped up for Saturday delivery. Finished the order, then had an e-mail confirming it would be shipped by CityLink.

My heart sank, but decided that I couldn't do with the hassle. My item actually turned up by 10:30 the Saturday morning and I have to say I was very pleased with the service this time. However, I won't make a habit of it.
      See I have always found Citylink really good, especially their web tracking as on the day it will give you an hour window of when you will get it as opposed to others that never budge from their 8am-6pm estimate. Its always been delivered in that window and it really frees up your day.

Now Yodel on the otherhand are awful. I ordered some presents from Thortons last October and they delivered them but didnt ring the doorbell. Just left them on the doorstep. The package was all bashed up and looked like it had been opened and resealed. When I checked the contents half of it was missing.

Thortons were good and sent replacements but Yodel got even worse. This replacement they didnt even bother coming up the drive way, they left it at the gate. I live off a fairly busy road with alot of car and foot traffic and the box was in full view of everyone and the house is set a fair bit back from the road. It was also left in direct sunlight despite it clearly being chocolate as the box was plastered with Thortons.

At 1am someone in the house notices something at the gate, went out and checked and it was the parcel. Checked the online ordering which confirmed it had been left at 10am so had been there for 3 hours. How the chocolates were still ok and how no-one had stolen them is beyond me.

Thanks

Since when did CityLink do hour window slots? Never heard of that before now! (Maybe because I don't order with them /grin)

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

I know DPD give a 1 hour slot because they delivered the bits for my upgrade last week from Scan but dont know about city link, maybe more couriers are now starting to do this too

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

Who would have thought contacting Royal Mail on Twitter would be the best approach for my situation, they just sent me a direct message asking me to check my emails. To my surprise they seemed to chase things up for me and here's what they said

Hello again

I’m pleased to be able to come back to you much sooner than expected, as Customer Services have received a prompt reply from your local delivery office.

A Delivery Manager has completed a search of the office, and thankfully your item has been located. The information on the tracking is incorrect I’m afraid; your complaint has been updated accordingly and the Manager is taking this up with the appropriate members of staff at the moment.

Can you kindly let me know if you’d like a redelivery for this item or whether you’d prefer to collect? I’ll contact the delivery office to arrange this for you.

I've chosen to collect it from the depot, I'm not going to chance another delivery
      andrewjr, gorebrush and ALtheDevil like this.

ALtheDevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kirby Muxloe
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

Well Done, nice to see them using technology to it proper use rather than paying it lip service.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

A very nice result.

It goes to show yet again that the weakest link in any computerised delivery system in the Human Factor.

No doubt someone is getting a part of their body roasted this afternoon.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

And rightly so too.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast