Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Parcel Force

This is a discussion on Parcel Force within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by andrewjr ...No idea how my posties get in the outer door but once they do they will ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Parcel Force

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjr View Post
      ...No idea how my posties get in the outer door but once they do they will leave packages outside our doors if we don't answer, which is what they did with my sky router
      You postie will use the 'Tradesmen' button, a special code for them or use a key fob issued for their usage.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Agree with Andrewjr. I've stopped using certain online retailers because they use CityLink. Though I did get caught out the other week as I wanted something urgently so stumped up for Saturday delivery. Finished the order, then had an e-mail confirming it would be shipped by CityLink.

My heart sank, but decided that I couldn't do with the hassle. My item actually turned up by 10:30 the Saturday morning and I have to say I was very pleased with the service this time. However, I won't make a habit of it.

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Spoke to Royal Mail this morning, absolutely useless! They pretty much just repeated what the tracker said and told me "Well our systems say it was delivered" - I don't know how I managed to keep cool on the phone. She said she could report it as an issue but it could take 3-4 days to get a response. I said I'd go to the delivery office myself.

Checked everywhere once again this morning (Bins, behind the bushes, under the car) and nothing. Spoke to my neighbour where things usually go to and they didn't receive nothing, yet Royal Mail are trying to tell me it was delivered to the address but without a signature. Surely they would still have to put a red slip through the door if they left it outside the doorstep?

Guess i'm going to have to call Sky tonight and cancel my Friday installation which is a pain as I've got the day off booked for it. Such a joke! I had a feeling it was too good to be true, although I expected Sky to cancel the order and say Fibre wasnt available to me but it turns out everything was going well, letter in the post confirming date and everything - I've been struck down right at the last hurdle

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
      Spoke to Royal Mail this morning, absolutely useless! They pretty much just repeated what the tracker said and told me "Well our systems say it was delivered" - I don't know how I managed to keep cool on the phone. She said she could report it as an issue but it could take 3-4 days to get a response. I said I'd go to the delivery office myself.

Checked everywhere once again this morning (Bins, behind the bushes, under the car) and nothing. Spoke to my neighbour where things usually go to and they didn't receive nothing, yet Royal Mail are trying to tell me it was delivered to the address but without a signature. Surely they would still have to put a red slip through the door if they left it outside the doorstep?

Guess i'm going to have to call Sky tonight and cancel my Friday installation which is a pain as I've got the day off booked for it. Such a joke! I had a feeling it was too good to be true, although I expected Sky to cancel the order and say Fibre wasnt available to me but it turns out everything was going well, letter in the post confirming date and everything - I've been struck down right at the last hurdle
      Dont cancel the BTO job. The engineer can do all the work without the router. You just wont be able to use the interent until it comes. If you cancel yuo will be waiting another 2 weeks.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

Jim_Bob is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Don't cancel your order! That'll be a huge mistake. BTO don't need your router to install fibre.

Thanks

As above, DO NOT cancel! That would just mean weeks more waiting.

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

Thanks everyone, I thought the router was a requirement for the fibre installation. I guess I'll have to explain to the engineer what has happened or maybe I'll just let him connect it all to my current Sagem F@ST 2504n (Which I believe looks exactly the same as the fibre model)

As phoning them was no use I managed to speak to Royal Mail through Twitter and was told to write an email explaining what has happened. I've just received this reply so hopefully this wil go somewhere soon.

I’ve passed your details to Customer Services and asked them to investigate this with your local Delivery Office Manager. They’ll interview the Delivery Office who covered the round yesterday in order to try and establish exactly what happened to your item. Customer Services are expecting an update within the next 48 hours; I’ll keep an eye on the case and come back to you as soon as there’s any news.

Sky also told me to give them a call back this evening if I still haven't received anything and they'll try and get another one sent out. I'll probably have to pay the full whack for it but at this moment I really don't care as long as I can get the router soon or it'll mean no internet for a while.

Thanks

The BT man won't care about your Sky router unless you have paid for managed installation anyway. His job is just to come and install the faceplate, new BTO modem, and work his magic on your cabinet.

Thanks

If you already have a 2504n, what we REALLY need to do is hack another one and get the modified firmware out.

Then we could just use the one you've got already........................................

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      If you already have a 2504n, what we REALLY need to do is hack another one and get the modified firmware out.

Then we could just use the one you've got already........................................
      If they are the same inside, I cannot see why Sky cannot just upgrade your router FW via your connection on Thursday late on.
      Scubbie likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast