Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Parcel Force

This is a discussion on Parcel Force within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ugh I am absolutely fuming, just had an email to say its been delivered when it hasn't! If it had ...

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Parcel Force

Ugh I am absolutely fuming, just had an email to say its been delivered when it hasn't!

If it had been left with a neighbour then surely I'd still get a red card through the letter box.

No doubt the fibre installation will have to be delayed as a result of this if I do not get anything tomorrow. I've taken the day off work for the install so I am going to be pretty livid with Royal Mail if it has to be cancelled due to their 'mistake'

2. Advertisement
      Nudger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Worksop
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
      Hey guys, I'm having Fibre installed on the 27th along with most others. Sky shipped my router on Friday and I've been frequently checking the tracker for updates.

Today, the tracker updated to this message

"We have a record of item XXXXXXXX as being delivered from Romford DO on 2012-04-23."

However when I came home from work, absolutely nothing has been delivered. Someone has been at home all day and they told me that the doorbell didn't ring. There's no red card either through the postbox.

Not too sure what to do as there's only 4 days till the install. Has anyone else had this?
      My tracker said exactly the same even though I knew no one would be in and the neighbours were away on holiday.

Later the wife rung to say my parcel was round the back of the house under the rabbit hutch.

I would suggest having a good look around the outside of your property first to start with.

Did you not receive a text from Parcel Force as well saying it had been delivered?

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

delete

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Ugh I am absolutely fuming, just had an email to say its been delivered when it hasn't!

If it had been left with a neighbour then surely I'd still get a red card through the letter box.

No doubt the fibre installation will have to be delayed as a result of this if I do not get anything tomorrow. I've taken the day off work for the install so I am going to be pretty livid with Royal Mail if it has to be cancelled due to their 'mistake'
      The install will still go ahead but you won't be able to use it.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

We have a record of item FJ<snipped>GB as being delivered from Bridgend (CF) DO on 2012-04-23.

Got my router today and that's what the status says now at 8:12pm

oglyndwr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Checked outside, no sign of it. The latch on the side gate had been lifted so someone has been.

Laprion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMBT
      Broadband ISP: SBUF From 1st May
      Thanks

yeah i would check any possible hiding spot by right they should have left a card saying where they pot it they didn't even knock for me they just put it in the parcel box we have so lucky we have it

again all i can say is check any spot where they could hide it..

Thanks

Have checked, absolutely nothing.

I phoned Sky, even though I knew they probably couldn't do anything about it and they checked the tracker and basically said 'It looks like its been delivered somewhere' - they were just as shocked as me that Royal Mail left no red card. On the trace your order page it actually says "Delivered - NO SIGNATURE" - absolutely terrible service from Royal Mail and lets just say I'm going to give them quite an earful tomorrow.

Anyway, the guy I spoke to from Sky told me to check every possible area outside and with the neighbours, I did this but with no success. He then told me to call back tomorrow night if nothing has changed and they will try to get a new router sent out to me.

Should that need to happen, I'm still not going to let this lie with Royal Mail and the appalling service.

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Have checked, absolutely nothing.

I phoned Sky, even though I knew they probably couldn't do anything about it and they checked the tracker and basically said 'It looks like its been delivered somewhere' - they were just as shocked as me that Royal Mail left no red card. On the trace your order page it actually says "Delivered - NO SIGNATURE" - absolutely terrible service from Royal Mail and lets just say I'm going to give them quite an earful tomorrow.

Anyway, the guy I spoke to from Sky told me to check every possible area outside and with the neighbours, I did this but with no success. He then told me to call back tomorrow night if nothing has changed and they will try to get a new router sent out to me.

Should that need to happen, I'm still not going to let this lie with Royal Mail and the appalling service.
      Some posties who don't get round their deliverers, scan a item as delivered and take it back to the office, to delivery it the next day. A bit naughty, but it means they don't get grief from the boss. When they scan the item as delivered it comes up on their computers and shows the exact location it was scanned using GPS so it won't of got far. If its not in your garden or next door you will probably get it tomorrow.

Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      Some posties who don't get round their deliverers, scan a item as delivered and take it back to the office, to delivery it the next day. A bit naughty, but it means they don't get grief from the boss. When they scan the item as delivered it comes up on their computers and shows the exact location it was scanned using GPS so it won't of got far. If its not in your garden or next door you will probably get it tomorrow.

Sent from my ST18i
      I really do hope thats the case, it said the item was delivered at 10:00 AM but people were at home waiting for it since 9.00 - also no red slip to say they tried to deliver. it all seems very strange but now I'm hoping what you suggested is what's happened.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast