Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Would You Take Sky Fibre Pro If Available?

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Like Tree133Likes

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by slickric21 Which one is it btw ? I've got a 7402nx that i'd love to carry on ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

re: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by slickric21 View Post
      Which one is it btw ?

I've got a 7402nx that i'd love to carry on using.
      Its got an EWAN port, and according to Billion its compatible with Fibre
      stated
      here

I know it does PPPoE and it also has the option for MAC spoofing..... Hope it can work with SBFU when I get it in June apparently.
      You will need MER not PPPoE afaik
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slickric21 View Post
      Which one is it btw ?
      Check out this thread: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/techn...w-working.html

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Some of the comments about the price, timing and roll out of sky fibre are a little bit irratiing to me lol (but sometimes I can understand why we make them)

People keep comparing SBUF to BT Infinity, just because the services uses the same technology it doesnt mean its the same. Do people forget that sky are a business and here to make money? And to be honest, BT should be beating all other ISP's they have been in the game alot longer than most ISPs that use BTO Fibre connection.

Everyone wants everything on the cheap, to be unlimited and for sky to be the leaders... well it cost.. and it cost a lot to keep their network on top to be able to cope with everyone being able to download what they want and when. Sky are certainly not stupid when it comes to how to price a product and we dont know what they have planed for the future. But in the past both BT and virgin have boasted about speeds but were unable to cope and to top it off either kept increasing speed knowing that people would never get a throughput to match their connection.

I am the first person to say sky's roll out has been a little unorganised, but its new to them. People have not been charged for connection and for their router even after the soft launch. We all have a wishlist of what we would like but we have to be realistic. We all know that sky are working on new routers and tips about them allowing fibre users to use non sky routers may come true who knows. Although a speed increase from 40/2 to 40/10 or even 80/20 seems like all they have to do is type in a few things on a computer, they do have to pay BTO to upgrade, also the cost from a 40/2 to 80/20 also sees an increase in price by BTO clearly BT Retail are taking the hit for this on their current speed increase.

Is SBUF cheap? No. I dont think any fibre package is, but then its more than just speed its also a quality of service too. Sky have always addressed issues when they have had them and invested where and when it was needed, other ISP have only done this when they had to. It seems Im having a rant but its the same comments over and over as if its just sky being late to the game, we forget that lots of things come into play with SKY LLU/Fibre. Its not as easy as we think to get their equipment into exchanges, its not as simple as BT Infinity is avalible so should sky becuase its routed in a different way as much as we hate to admit it just about everything about sky fibre is controlled by BT the roll out, cost, their lines & cabs and their engineers.

As a consumer we always want the best service at the cheapest price, but we have to think they are a business and they also need to cover the butts to be able to invest more and more if they want to keep it unlimited...

Pheeeeeewwwwwww how long was that post lol
      speedyrite and Moxey like this.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

we forget that lots of things come into play with SKY LLU/Fibre.
      I cannot fault Sky's LLU service, it is perfect for me in everyway.

However, Fibre may also be perfect, but for someone who doesn't use the internet properly, it's a huge price increase.

I have no doubts whatsoever Sky will be the best Fibre provider, but the points made by others are truly valid. 2 years behind is a long time. Yes Sky may have a state of the art network, but even Stevie Wonder can see their current Fibre offerings are prehistoric in perceived value.

The current tipping point from reading these threads, is that if Sky offer 80/20 for 25 people would be happy, at 30 they ain't interested. A fiver a month is neither here nor there, but it seems to be the clincher.
      speedyrite likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I cannot fault Sky's LLU service, it is perfect for me in everyway.

However, Fibre may also be perfect, but for someone who doesn't use the internet properly, it's a huge price increase.

I have no doubts whatsoever Sky will be the best Fibre provider, but the points made by others are truly valid. 2 years behind is a long time. Yes Sky may have a state of the art network, but even Stevie Wonder can see their current Fibre offerings are prehistoric in perceived value.

The current tipping point from reading these threads, is that if Sky offer 80/20 for 25 people would be happy, at 30 they ain't interested. A fiver a month is neither here nor there, but it seems to be the clincher.
      With the way things are in the UK, everyone is feeling the pinch and of course 30 is a high price but we dont even know what they will over or if this will even be the price.

I totally agree that in 12 months sky will be just as good with fibre as with their LLU service, I also agree with other comments about the two year delay but I dont think sky appreicated their consumers needs for faster speeds or in cases such as my own people wanting fibre just to get a better solid connection. I dont think the speed increase BT made the day before was unexpected but I think them doing it for free was! To be honest I dont think what sky offer is bad, I think how they have offered it is. The launch soft or not was half hearted, no real web presence and inconsistant info from agents. Maybe they should have held the launch back another few weeks got it right from the get go... always easy to say that after the fact tho...
      speedyrite likes this.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

but I dont think sky appreicated their consumers needs for faster speeds or in cases such as my own people wanting fibre just to get a better solid connection.
      That can only be Sky's fault though, less meetings, more decisive decisions.

I dont think the speed increase BT made the day before was unexpected but I think them doing it for free was!
      Sky could urinate all over the opposition if they wanted to, they just need to make the call. They have already proved they are the best for Satellite TV, best for Sports coverage, F1 etc - But imo they sometimes sit on the fence just too long.

I don't think there is anything wrong with their launch, they just need to reasses pricing. The network is already there, why not milk it, sell it cheap, get people staying.

Like they did with HD - Boxes were 500 for Sky to buy, then they gave huge commissions to cashback sites etc, but the customer is happy, and once has HD is happy to stay with Sky. Therefore they make their mony in year 2 / 3 etc
      speedyrite likes this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

That can only be Sky's fault though, less meetings, more decisive decisions.

Sky could urinate all over the opposition if they wanted to, they just need to make the call. They have already proved they are the best for Satellite TV, best for Sports coverage, F1 etc - But imo they sometimes sit on the fence just too long.

I don't think there is anything wrong with their launch, they just need to reasses pricing. The network is already there, why not milk it, sell it cheap, get people staying.

Like they did with HD - Boxes were 500 for Sky to buy, then they gave huge commissions to cashback sites etc, but the customer is happy, and once has HD is happy to stay with Sky. Therefore they make their mony in year 2 / 3 etc
      So true, their retentions team are great

I think the 40/2 connection should be as cheap as they can to make people jump from LLU to fibre. All sky have to do is read the comments on this forum from people who had slow speeds ( 2&3 Meg) and poor connections to now getting 35+. For those who were/are getting 10-15 meg on LLU I can see why it seems costly
      speedyrite likes this.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I think the 40/2 connection should be as cheap as they can to make people jump from LLU to fibre.
      It should be say 12.50 - then you just would never leave would you?

40/2 would do everyone in normal circumstances.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It should be say 12.50 - then you just would never leave would you?

40/2 would do everyone in normal circumstances.
      12.50 is cheap as chips...lol, 15+ for 40/2 connection and most people wouldnt want to leave lol. We are a speed hungry bunch on here mind I think most would be happy with a small upload increase tho... they could surprise everyone and spoil them 40/10 for the same price. What will be interesting is how BT Retail cope with everyone moving on to 80/20.

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

although the speed and upload is great the price tag puts me off its bad enough 20pm let alone 30pm

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast