Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Would You Take Sky Fibre Pro If Available?

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Like Tree133Likes

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well still no 80-20 option showing up via the online checker yet and still no news on any firm dates ...

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

Well still no 80-20 option showing up via the online checker yet and still no news on any firm dates for availability either but atleast its now officially confirmed, direct from Jeremy Darroch himself, that there is/will be an 80Mb offering from Sky (wont all those that ran off to BT in order to get 80-20 feel a bit miffed now aye)

Quoted from the Q3 results press release document...

We continue to enhance our broadband service, providing further value to our customers. In April, we launched our WiFi hotspots from The Cloud service, giving internet access free of charge to Sky Broadband Unlimited, Sky Fibre Unlimited and Sky Connect customers in over 10,000 hotspots across the UK, including major outlets such as Pizza Express, Caffè Nero, Eat and Pret A Manger. We are currently adding over 200 new live hotspots each week and new contracts with Greggs and London Overground were agreed during the quarter. We also launched our new fibre service in April, giving customers access to download speeds of up to 38Mb and 76Mb for £20 and £30 a month, respectively.

Cant wait, come on BTO, get my damn exchange and cab rdy, prety please
      NewsreadeR likes this.

2. Advertisement
      deafxlistener is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      Cant wait, come on BTO, get my damn exchange and cab rdy, prety please
      Don't forget to add SKY into that sentence. Without their end sorted which some are not, you still won't get SFU.

Jeremy also worded that wrongly i think. Where in may now, has anyone actually got upto 76mb yet? not that i've seen.

Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deafxlistener View Post
      Don't forget to add SKY into that sentence. Without their end sorted which some are not, you still won't get SFU.

this has me abit worried too, tied to sky and exchange doesn't go live til june(or july if you believe ipster , but they have been working on my cab all day pairing the cables ) ..pray sky doesn't take that long to get it done, on the bright side, should be able to get the 80/20 by time it goes live.

Thanks

Sure i read somewhere, that once the exchange goes live, the GEA-link goes live 30days after the order but usually on the 30th of the month.

So, If exchange goes live june 25th. SKY order link 26th june. link should of happened 30th July. BTO are linking some as they do the exchange now, so making the process faster. Others are having to wait. if there is no port available on SKY equipment. You also have to wait for them to get more equipment in the Exchange before the link can be made thats whats happening at mine at the mo.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlow View Post
      this has me abit worried too, tied to sky and exchange doesn't go live til june(or july if you believe ipster , but they have been working on my cab all day pairing the cables ) ..pray sky doesn't take that long to get it done, on the bright side, should be able to get the 80/20 by time it goes live.
      Poor x2srj has been watching his cab for weeks now, all done and dusted. But I think you will be happy to know that belstead will all be done and dusted by may 24th! Means they can all play catch up at foxhall!!!
      Last edited by Ipster; 02-05-12 at 10:05 PM.

barriead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: King Henry St Portsmouth
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Having just read the official line on sky website that fibre pro will be available to all from mid June...I am now just a bit miffed that despite my custom for a lot of years now it will be at least another 6 weeks before I can catch up to the newbies...sky can use all the excuses they want to justify this...but I am blimon annoyed now and disappointed...somehow I feel let down...just give me the service your giving to newbies how hard can it be....rant over, time for a coffee and a smoke, feeling a bit better already.

Thanks

Maybe it has something to do with the deal they made with OR concerning the upgrade?. Maybe it's OR who are only letting SKY put new subscribers on the 80/20 at present and then in June they'll allow the rest to upgrade. BT do seem to be having a few probs with the double up for Infinity customers so OR could be holding it off so they can sort those issues out?.

barriead is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: King Henry St Portsmouth
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deafxlistener View Post
      Maybe it has something to do with the deal they made with OR concerning the upgrade?. Maybe it's OR who are only letting SKY put new subscribers on the 80/20 at present and then in June they'll allow the rest to upgrade. BT do seem to be having a few probs with the double up for Infinity customers so OR could be holding it off so they can sort those issues out?.
      It probably is something akin to that...I rather fancy the limited rollout was so the announcement yesterday by Sky could include fibre pro speeds...did Sky really think we would all be happy with as ever the "newbies" getting priority over the long standingl customers....okay it aint the end of the world by any means, there are far more important things in life than fibre pro thats for sure, but this rollout has become almost shambolic in some ways i.m.h.o....time for another coffee and smoke.
      P.S. Just to add I am a big Sky fan for the most part (I would not pay them for 3 x hd boxes, broadband and phone otherwise) but sometimes they do things that miff me and this is one of them instances.
      I do have a lot of sympathy for the customer service guys having to try and explain to some of the more hot headed customers that's for sure.

Barrie
      Last edited by barriead; 03-05-12 at 10:22 AM.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barriead View Post
      P.S. Just to add I am a big Sky fan for the most part (I would not pay them for 3 x hd boxes, broadband and phone otherwise) but sometimes they do things that miff me and this is one of them instances.
      I do have a lot of sympathy for the customer service guys having to try and explain to some of the more hot headed customers that's for sure.
      Yes, I agree. As a company there seem to be no middle ground with them atm. Either they are doing things exceptionally well and painstakingly (such as the new EPG where they have recruited beta testers from the help forum and even been sending engineers out on trips to people's houses to talk over problems) or they are making a total horlicks (such as the launch of fibre and the incredibly shambolic rollout of Sky Go for Android). It beggars belief that Sky agents on the help forums are giving out warnings to folk to stop reporting that Sky Go is actually now working on their Android 4.0 devices (for several days ICS phones up and down the land have been enjoying Sky Go) whilst announcing formally that it is not!

I'm afraid there are times when they make themselves look very silly .

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
      ...It beggars belief that Sky agents on the help forums are giving out warnings to folk to stop reporting that Sky Go is actually now working on their Android 4.0 devices (for several days ICS phones up and down the land have been enjoying Sky Go) whilst announcing formally that it is not!
      That is pathetic.

Whilst I appreciate that they didn't like any links to the hacked version of Sky Go being posted, the legitimate version in their own company's product and freely available to download in a public place.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast