Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Would You Take Sky Fibre Pro If Available?

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Like Tree133Likes

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Carlow not on my bill, granted by calls are with sky (line won't be with BT for ...

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Carlow
      not on my bill, granted by calls are with sky (line won't be with BT for long )
      That's why you're being charged!

2. Advertisement
      Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

my opinion may of been tainted due to them still charging me for friends and family..2 years after my calls went to sky , in any event, line rental order is in with sky.

now give fttc please

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

With regards to SFUP it is possible that other things are being arranged behind the scenes.

There are a few errors appearing on some bills, for example. There is a possibility that the price may be discounted.

Sky's senior management seem to be out of step with what many of the members on this forum were aware of and it does appear the they manged to misjudge, or perhaps they were lied to, the intentions of BT Retail.

There are a lot of deals and contracts that we are not privy to. Examples would include the installation process, costings, access to Sky's equipment and so much more. Whilst some initial testing did happen, I would suggest that it was not thorough enough.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlow View Post
      my opinion may of been tainted due to them still charging me for friends and family..2 years after my calls went to sky , in any event, line rental order is in with sky.

now give fttc please
      You just have to wait like a good boy for FTTC, I hear its July for you....

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uno View Post
      I too have spoken to Sky about moving to a 80/20 profile but seems they are very confused about what needs to be done and bending the truth saying it cant be done at present, That is not correct as they actually regraded 50 staff lines on Mon/Tues and have put request in for another 80 odd lines so somebody in the business does know how to do it and literally takes 2 mins to do.

I do wonder if Sky are trying to get Openreach to waive the line regrade fees as such a recently launched product as they were took so by surprise at BTs upgrades and pricing policy. If Openreach do waive these fees for a set period of time 14 days maybe I would have a guess that they would contact all customers by email to ask if wanted to have upgrade to 80/20 profile, Another option they may be looking into is seeing what deal they can get from Openreach to regrade all lines to 40/10 profiles.
      I am sure that the BTO fee for regrades is 10 which could be passed on to the customer. 50 staff lines regraded? Yet last week they said no employee discount, today they started offering employees a discount on the 40/2 package but not on the 80/20, if what you say is correct about the 50 regrades not only is not fair to customers who are paying full monthly subscriptions but also to other employees. They really do need to pull their socks up and get with it...

Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      You just have to wait like a good boy for FTTC, I hear its July for you....
      more reason to hate BT then..

seriously theres like 3 cabs done or close to being done in walking distance of my house, it's rather annoying

uno
      uno is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am not sure who the regrades of lines were for last week but the new order this week is again for staff and are around the country so would expect its possibly just for fibre trained staff and senior managers who want it.
      Even though the regrade fee is low any savings Sky can get they will try like with installs there is two line tests Openreach can not do on Sky connections as they don't want for the facilities

Wambaugh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYSKP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I was going to take Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro when available but now I actually have fibre, I'm not so sure. The increased upload speeds may be worth it and might sway me, but I'm finding with many downloads that they just aren't capable of maxing out my current connection.

I did manage to find a few things that did max out it: a Linux torrent, a Linux http download, but then I found a Microsoft Service Pack download and another Linux distro that weren't near full speed. Not sure it's worth paying a tenner for higher speeds when it's likelier to get even patchier. With fibre I think I've now got to the point where my home connection isn't always the bottleneck.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wambaugh View Post
      With fibre I think I've now got to the point where my home connection isn't always the bottleneck.
      Agreed. The download speed increase is like going from a pushbike to a sports car for me. Now I can drive at 70 on the motorway quite comfortably. There aren't that many places where you can drive at unlimited speed - and I'm not that bothered about doing that anyway!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carlow View Post
      more reason to hate BT then..

seriously theres like 3 cabs done or close to being done in walking distance of my house, it's rather annoying
      It could be worst, poor x2srj has to go past his fibre cab daily and his has been done months now.

Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast