Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poll: Would You Take Sky Fibre Pro If Available?

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Like Tree133Likes

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by s1ndr0me surely everyone who signed up in the last 10 days are new users. why not cancel ...

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

re: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by s1ndr0me View Post
      surely everyone who signed up in the last 10 days are new users. why not cancel (if youve not had installation yet that is) and re-order?
      Good Point, but could cause a few issues for those migrating to sky. It would depend how far they are in the order process.

2. Advertisement
      uk_chris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      I agree that 30 is expensive but only a few quid more than BT who have been offering fibre alot longer. What I can see happening is sky offering a free upgrade to those on 40/2 to 40/10 which could well be the reason they are not allowing upgrades yet.

What people really need to ask is the extra 10 between the two packages worth it? If you only get say 50 download and 10 upload can you justify the upgrade?

I can also see Sky's side of things too, its and unlimited service and alot of money will have to be spent to maintain the unlimited tag. They also have to pay BTO rental and also make a profit.
      This could very well be the case, and I do agree it really isn't worth it unless you're going to get the full 80/20.

sparky678911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Netgear R6300
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

ok i have just spoke to sky and asked about 40/10 and 80/20 and they told me sky will not be doing the 40/10 and i can not get the 80/20 at the moment because the new cabinets have not been updated and that is the same for all and this is direct from fibre team but cabinets will be updated over next few months and i ask about price and they say at the min is will be 30 but could change wink wink she said so hopw that some info for you all

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparky678911 View Post
      ok i have just spoke to sky and asked about 40/10 and 80/20 and they told me sky will not be doing the 40/10 and i can not get the 80/20 at the moment because the new cabinets have not been updated and that is the same for all and this is direct from fibre team but cabinets will be updated over next few months and i ask about price and they say at the min is will be 30 but could change wink wink she said so hopw that some info for you all
      Last week they also said no 80/20 and that came from the fibre team too! I dont mean to sound rude or off but its getting silly all the conflicting info coming from Sky. They seem to still be classing this a soft launch no speeds are even posted on their website. Info is different from who ever you speak to at sky including the fibre team, I very much doubt they will be aware of too much in advance. It would be like going to buy a new iphone the day before the launch a new handset... the staff would not know and even if they did wouldnt stop the sales for that day.

Carlow is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

all this smoke and mirrors is getting rather annoying tbph.

just update the site already sky

40/2 to 40/10 30 for 80/20(which i "might" get depends on the speed i'd actually get.)
      Ipster likes this.

andy_mk3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMSTMFD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Vigor130 & pfSense
      Thanks

I'm going to wait and see what my line can actually handle before I get excited about 80/20, if it can only do 45/12 or something then there's no point
      Ipster likes this.

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mk3 View Post
      I'm going to wait and see what my line can actually handle before I get excited about 80/20, if it can only do 45/12 or something then there's no point
      Why not check on the BT website. That will tell you the max speed your line can handle.(Ignoring the artificial 40 limit that the Sky checker will quote).

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparky678911 View Post
      With all due respect, the minute we published the rumour, the Fibre Team knew nothing about it, or if they did, they denied it was happening.

The fact Easynet is offering 40/2 | 40/10 | 80/20 in my eyes, opens the path up for the same options on Sky.

All the kit, infrastructure etc is already in place.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      With all due respect, the minute we published the rumour, the Fibre Team knew nothing about it, or if they did, they denied it was happening.

The fact Easynet is offering 40/2 | 40/10 | 80/20 in my eyes, opens the path up for the same options on Sky.

All the kit, infrastructure etc is already in place.
      And Sky would be daft not to go straight to 80.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      And Sky would be daft not to go straight to 80.
      If iirc some of the earlier Fibre installs, engineers were stating that it was capped to 40 for Sky - Maybe the work involved for Sky to start using the 80/20 is a case of either being uncapped at the cabinet, or the exchange or on someone's PC screen.

Sorry just read this bit as well.

and i ask about price and they say at the min is will be 30 but could change wink wink she said so hopw that some info for you all
      There is some that that it maybe 25 for Sky TV customers which was published yesterday. Not sure if it was a guess or actual insider knowledge.

Judging by the response on here to the rumour, people think that 30 is just that too much to pay. But Sky may just ignore feedback anyway and keep it at 30
      Ipster likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast