Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky Line Rental and Fibre Ordering Issue

This is a discussion on Sky Line Rental and Fibre Ordering Issue within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, I have encountered a problem with ordering Fibre. Basically before last Thurs, my line rental was with BT ...

rajdave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Line Rental and Fibre Ordering Issue

Hi All,

I have encountered a problem with ordering Fibre.

Basically before last Thurs, my line rental was with BT but my broadband was with Sky. I was made aware from the customer service a month go that I need to move my Line rental to Sky to get Fibre. At this time they were not able to proceed with ordering both Line rental and Fibre at the same time. Instead I had to place order to get Line Rental and then thereafterwards I would be able to order Fibre.

The date of installation for Line Rental was last Thurs and all went fine with it and indeed on MY SKY account and with customer service, they confirm that they has been done.

I thought that I would able to order the Fibre as advised. However when I do so via web or on the phone, it appears that there is a problem and I cannot get it since the Line Rental process is not fully completed. It says that I do not have Line Rental to order to the Fibre product.

I have received confirmation today from Sky customer services that it appears that Sky are awaiting from BT Wholesale to receive acknowledge that all call services i.e directory enquires etc have transferred over. This apparantly can take up to 7 working days extra. So I cannot order so until next week (MON-TUES)...

I cannot understand that this is true or just a fob-off so to wait for to see if they can fix this issue.

If you have any advice or assistance, Much appreciated.

Regards
      rajdave

2. Advertisement
      uk_chris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Surely BT would have acknowledged the switch when they authorized it? Not too sure what to suggest. Try talking to someone on the fibre team or retentions.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to uk_chris For This Useful Post:

rajdave (16-04-12)

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Re: Sky Line Rental and Fibre Ordering Issue

Quote Originally Posted by rajdave View Post
      Hi All,

I have encountered a problem with ordering Fibre.

Basically before last Thurs, my line rental was with BT but my broadband was with Sky. I was made aware from the customer service a month go that I need to move my Line rental to Sky to get Fibre. At this time they were not able to proceed with ordering both Line rental and Fibre at the same time. Instead I had to place order to get Line Rental and then thereafterwards I would be able to order Fibre.

The date of installation for Line Rental was last Thurs and all went fine with it and indeed on MY SKY account and with customer service, they confirm that they has been done.

I thought that I would able to order the Fibre as advised. However when I do so via web or on the phone, it appears that there is a problem and I cannot get it since the Line Rental process is not fully completed. It says that I do not have Line Rental to order to the Fibre product.

I have received confirmation today from Sky customer services that it appears that Sky are awaiting from BT Wholesale to receive acknowledge that all call services i.e directory enquires etc have transferred over. This apparantly can take up to 7 working days extra. So I cannot order so until next week (MON-TUES)...

I cannot understand that this is true or just a fob-off so to wait for to see if they can fix this issue.

If you have any advice or assistance, Much appreciated.

Regards
      rajdave
      I don't think this is a fob off. I had loads of problems ordering fibre during the trial. I had to wait for back systems to update which then allowed me to place the order. It was frustrating but worth it in the end.

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

6. The Following User Says Thank You to paulkerdot For This Useful Post:

rajdave (16-04-12)

Mystic Eddy is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Apple AirPort ac Time Capsule
      Thanks

I didn't have Sky line rental when I was offered fibre, so the order was placed with Sky taking over the line a week later. At that point, I was then able to order fibre.
      I Used To Have An Open Mind, But My Brain Kept Falling Out

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mystic Eddy For This Useful Post:

rajdave (17-04-12)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks all for the replies and information.

I was wondering if I could use this delay in any way to Sky so they do not charge me the activition fee (50) and so at least save me some money while I await patiently. Any one got any angles on this on and I would very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
      rajdave

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I believe the 50 is waived for upgraded customers, which you would be as you already have Sky BB.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gorebrush For This Useful Post:

rajdave (17-04-12)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi All,

Just wanted to add an update that I have finally able to ordered the Fibre and all is in place. Date of installation is WED 2nd MAY Morning.

The Sky line rental acknowledgment completed this morning and was able to order the Fibre broadband.

All is left to thank everyone with the replies and look forward to getting my hands on that super-fast speeds.

Regards
      rajdave

andy_mk3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMSTMFD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Vigor130 & pfSense
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rajdave View Post
      Hi All,

Just wanted to add an update that I have finally able to ordered the Fibre and all is in place. Date of installation is WED 2nd MAY Morning.

The Sky line rental acknowledgment completed this morning and was able to order the Fibre broadband.

All is left to thank everyone with the replies and look forward to getting my hands on that super-fast speeds.

Regards
      rajdave
      That's good to hear! The time it takes for these simple things to happen, for one company to hand something over to another, is stupid in this day and age really!

Mutilator is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This is exacly the same problem I had although I was told it would all be sorted out. Three phone calls later finally get things started moving...hoping I can get mine booked for the 1st

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by andy_mk3 View Post
      That's good to hear! The time it takes for these simple things to happen, for one company to hand something over to another, is stupid in this day and age really!
      I agree, we live in a very technological time. Why does it still take 3-5 days for cheques to clear?!?!? It's all 1's and 0's
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast