Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cannot order Sky Broadband

This is a discussion on Cannot order Sky Broadband within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I am trying to order Sky Fibre. The problem isn't fibre specific though and would apply equally if ...

Foxtbh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2 LLU
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cannot order Sky Broadband

Hi there,

I am trying to order Sky Fibre. The problem isn't fibre specific though and would apply equally if I was trying to order any of the Sky DSL products.

Sky appear reluctant to allow me to order Fibre because the checker says I cannot get any Sky services. This is true, the checker does say this. But won't offer me ANY broadband services - no Sky LLU and not even Sky Anytime (Which uses the BT IPStream network and surely anyone can get that).

They think 'my line isnt compatible'.

I think the checker conflicts with the fact I am on O2 LLU. My line is with BT. My exchange is enabled for Sky LLU Which whilst I appreciate isnt really related to the fibre product does conflict with the fact they appear unable to even offer a basic ADSL service.

How do I get past this? This is hugely frustrating. I'll also lose the 50 Quidco cashback if I dont order online

They've offered a few suggestions so far, mostly along the lines of 'Why not cancel your phone line and your broadband entirely and sign up from scratch with a new number' which seems like a completely ridiculous solution.

Anyone else had this?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Cannot order Sky Broadband

Try navigating directly to the checker: www.sky.com/broadband

Not all Sky enabled exchanges with FTTC can currently order SBUF as the equipment needs to be updated and Sky still has not completed this process to get up to date for current exchanges.

Reports suggest that May is the target, but I can't proceed any dates for any individual exchanges.

Read through the thread where people have confirmed orders and installations. See if yours is listed there.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...re-thread.html

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

The sky checker indicates I can receive no Sky broadband services. Even if we leave Fibre out of the equation for a sec, according to the Sky checker, I cannot receive standard Broadband Unlimited nor can I even receive Sky Access.

I know for a fact at least those two products are available to me normally - they were available 2 years ago before I ordered O2 LLU instead...

I'm sure its related to the fact I am on another LLU broadband product currently but I cannot seem to get past this.

Thanks

Check SamKnows. SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search

If Sky has their equipment in your telephone exchange, then you should be able to get Sky Broadband Unlimited.

If this is the case, then try checking the Sky website with your address, rather than your telephone number.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtbh View Post
      Thanks for the reply.

The sky checker indicates I can receive no Sky broadband services. Even if we leave Fibre out of the equation for a sec, according to the Sky checker, I cannot receive standard Broadband Unlimited nor can I even receive Sky Access.

I know for a fact at least those two products are available to me normally - they were available 2 years ago before I ordered O2 LLU instead...

I'm sure its related to the fact I am on another LLU broadband product currently but I cannot seem to get past this.

when doing the checks are you using the landline checker or the address checker? try the address checker
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > Ubiquiti UniFi | 58301/12298

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Check SamKnows. SamKnows - Telephone Exchange Search

If Sky has their equipment in your telephone exchange, then you should be able to get Sky Broadband Unlimited.

If this is the case, then try checking the Sky website with your address, rather than your telephone number.
      Thanks for the reply - the Samknows checker tells me my exchange has Sky LLU.

Using the address checker on the Sky site results in it asking me for my phone number as it detects an active phone line. Once I enter the number it tells me there are no broadband products suitable.

I can skip the telephone check by pretending I have just moved in, but then it says Sky Talk is not available.

Thanks

Try using your address instead.

I know that if I use my own Sky LLU number the speed predictor fails.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I tried that. It detects an active phone line and asks for the number. I can over-ride that by saying 'This is a new house' (Which it isnt, but it stops it asking for a phone number( and it says 'Sky talk is not available'.

Sky seem to think they can literally provide zero services to my address.

Thanks

I have had a few reports via PM that there are some bugs in the on-line checker at present.

Could I suggest that you call Sky and see what can be offered? I appreciate that you may loose the 50 Quidco offer, but I suspect that if you mention this, the person may be able to offer you some enticement to make up for it.

I have also heard that Sky may be launching a series of Ads from next week. Ged would be in a better place as he is the one who primarily deals with the ads for this forum. I don't know what the contents of the ads will be, nor what offers may be made available, but you never know

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

when doing the line checker make sure you are not logged into mysky at the time. I was having the same issue until I logged out and reset safari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast