Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Like Tree11Likes

Just ordered with BT - price difference minimal

This is a discussion on Just ordered with BT - price difference minimal within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; If BT had 12 month contracts I probably would have jumped ship back to BT , but no way I ...

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      If BT had 12 month contracts I probably would have jumped ship back to BT, but no way I am going to risk 18 months. Yes the 2mb is annoying but not a deal breaker and considering I'm only getting 3mb down at present then 40mb is more than enough for now. BT checker said my max would only be 54mb down on the 80/20 product so 18 month risk for only an extra 14mb down really want worth it.

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Re: Just ordered with BT - price difference minimal

Quote Originally Posted by NWLondoner View Post
      If BT had 12 month contracts I probably would have jumped ship back to BT, but no way I am going to risk 18 months. Yes the 2mb is annoying but not a deal breaker and considering I'm only getting 3mb down at present then 40mb is more than enough for now. BT checker said my max would only be 54mb down on the 80/20 product so 18 month risk for only an extra 14mb down really want worth it.
      It really is a ballancing act, sky offer slower speeds but better customer service in most cases. BT offer better speeds but shocking customer service (based on my personal experience). So it really is 6 and half dozen of the other and really does depend on what people want. A decent speed with the ability to resolve things nice and easy or a company that rather have you run around in circles and rather let you move to an ISP than try and work out what the issue is.

AdamBrunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Godalming (THGG)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well it looks like the BT checker saying I could get 66/20 was a one off anomaly - if so then I will stay with Sky ... cheaper and for the same speed but better CS and no hassle in switching phone lines.

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I wouldn't worry, I suspect Sky will have to accelerate their plans to roll out 80Mbit profiles as BT are now a major major competitor. If they have been reading these forums alone in the last few days they would have seen a few potential fibre customers give up and go to BT..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorebrush For This Useful Post:

NWLondoner (14-04-12)

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush
      I wouldn't worry, I suspect Sky will have to accelerate their plans to roll out 80Mbit profiles as BT are now a major major competitor. If they have been reading these forums alone in the last few days they would have seen a few potential fibre customers give up and go to BT..
      I agree!!

Give it a couple of months and I'm sure they'll be an announcement

mwatch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWNVW
      Thanks

Thought I give a quick post - to those thinking of jumping to BT (like me) I'd be very careful as to what you get told to buy this product - I was totally lied to by the sales person by the looks of things. I was told I had 15 days after activation to cancel, that my line rental would be refunded, that my line would be free to take elsewhere (kept the log of teh sale). I double checked this with the sales person more than once who was taking me through the order - and it seems its all lies according to the fanboys on their forum - and apparently thats my fault as she's doesn't sell me the product - even though she sold me the product. So far I'm not even connected and I'm not impressed. Info is hard to get from them, and you cant be sure its the truth. The forum people are stuck so far up BT your lucky to see their toe nails. Bad vibes - will have a a sit down and think wether to cancel and go back to 40/2 with sky prior to my BT going live. We all know how much fun that will be now I've paid the line rental for a year. If your thinking of jumping ship - think long and think hard ;-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The forum people are stuck so far up BT your lucky to see their toe nails.
      That made me lulz. We get accused of that as well sometimes. Obviously not BT though.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwatch View Post
      If your thinking of jumping ship - think long and think hard ;-)
      I've nothing more to add.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

mwatch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWNVW
      Thanks

If you want a bigger laugh you can read it here lol Imagine how sick I'll be if I get 20meg rofl. If you're happy with 40/2 take my advice and stay with sky at least you know where you stand. I'll be reporting the matter to BT on monday - their reply will be interesting - I'll go for fobbed off or you can cancel now (and they'll mess that up big time and probably not release my line)

New customer - right to cancel infinity - BTCare Community Forums

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwatch View Post
      Thought I give a quick post - to those thinking of jumping to BT (like me) I'd be very careful as to what you get told to buy this product - I was totally lied to by the sales person by the looks of things. I was told I had 15 days after activation to cancel, that my line rental would be refunded, that my line would be free to take elsewhere (kept the log of teh sale). I double checked this with the sales person more than once who was taking me through the order - and it seems its all lies according to the fanboys on their forum - and apparently thats my fault as she's doesn't sell me the product - even though she sold me the product. So far I'm not even connected and I'm not impressed. Info is hard to get from them, and you cant be sure its the truth. The forum people are stuck so far up BT your lucky to see their toe nails. Bad vibes - will have a a sit down and think wether to cancel and go back to 40/2 with sky prior to my BT going live. We all know how much fun that will be now I've paid the line rental for a year. If your thinking of jumping ship - don't ;-)
      Fixed your post.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast