Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Like Tree18Likes

Boom! Here we go - ordering now live

This is a discussion on Boom! Here we go - ordering now live within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Splont Ordered online today for 27th with est speed of 34.7 to 34.7. Hope I get 34.7 ...

killa_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chorlton,manchester
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Splont View Post
      Ordered online today for 27th with est speed of 34.7 to 34.7. Hope I get 34.7 then!

But then got email to call them, 15 minutes later my date shifted to 30th after she said my speed could be 30.4 to 34.7 then later in the conversation 34.7 to 37.7, so who knows what I'm going to get.

Then she said thank you Mrs Spencer. Which isn't me. I see fun and games ahead with this.
      Saying that when I joined adsl with sky they said I would get 5mb but in essence I got 2.65 so now that I done the line. Checker they say I will get 37-40mb so whoever knows what I will get

2. Advertisement
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Boom! Here we go - ordering now live

Quote Originally Posted by killa_uk View Post
      Saying that when I joined adsl with sky they said I would get 5mb but in essence I got 2.65 so now that I done the line. Checker they say I will get 37-40mb so whoever knows what I will get
      The days of inaccurate ADSL estimates are way behind us. There are new guideline set out which ISP's have to adhere to with regard to estimating connection speeds. I think you'll find FTTC estimates to be pretty accurate, if not conservative.
      Ipster likes this.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

killa_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chorlton,manchester
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by fazedup View Post
      The days of inaccurate ADSL estimates are way behind us. There are new guideline set out which ISP's have to adhere to with regard to estimating connection speeds. I think you'll find FTTC estimates to be pretty accurate, if not conservative.
      Well saying that then I hope I get the min 37 the have quoted me I wouldn't know what to do with that fast broadband ??
      Take over the world I guess wow lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killa_uk View Post
      Well saying that then I hope I get the min 37 the have quoted me I wouldn't know what to do with that fast broadband ??
      Take over the world I guess wow lol
      I hope so too, let's hold a good thought eh?

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Thanks

I just realised that when I ordered the upgrade to Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre I didn't read the terms! I've only been with Sky Broadband Unlimited since September 2011 so less then a year, should I have waited until my contract with Sky BB Unlimited ADSL ended (or at least 12 months) before I ordered Sky BB Unlimited Fibre?

I noticed the MySky page says 'Sky Broadband Unlimited - Cancellation in Progress' and then underneath it says 'Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre - Awaiting Activation' so I don't want Sky to think I'm cancelling and then fine me for it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
      I just realised that when I ordered the upgrade to Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre I didn't read the terms! I've only been with Sky Broadband Unlimited since September 2011 so less then a year, should I have waited until my contract with Sky BB Unlimited ADSL ended (or at least 12 months) before I ordered Sky BB Unlimited Fibre?

I noticed the MySky page says 'Sky Broadband Unlimited - Cancellation in Progress' and then underneath it says 'Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre - Awaiting Activation' so I don't want Sky to think I'm cancelling and then fine me for it!
      It's irrelevant, as taking up SBUF involves signing a 12 months contract anyway.

The order summary you're getting is completely normal. One service is being cancelled, pending the activation of the other.

Don't fret

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dankargo View Post

SBUF is regarded as an Upgrade, but your 12 month contract starts from the date of installation.

The cancellation of the the ADSL Unlimited packed is required as you can only have one or other product on the line.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

dankargo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Romford
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, just being paranoid!

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@scubbie - But wouldn't be nice if the sky unlimited bb be kept running/connected...as a fall back if there are any temporary faults with fibre, but then prices would have to go up?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdsimp1234 View Post
      @scubbie - But wouldn't be nice if the sky unlimited bb be kept running/connected...as a fall back if there are any temporary faults with fibre, but then prices would have to go up?
      You would need 2 phone lines, they are completely different connections / technology. Plus Sky only allow one connection anyway.

What are the chances of it going wrong anyway?

I would have thought less as there are not as many customers using it, yet.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast