Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree7Likes

No SBUF for me.. not sure what to do.

This is a discussion on No SBUF for me.. not sure what to do. within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been told the same crap from sky for the last few day that I can't get fibre but I ...

W2S
      W2S is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: No SBUF for me.. not sure what to do.

I've been told the same crap from sky for the last few day that I can't get fibre but I just order it online install date 27th

I was about to go to the darkside but lucky that I try online

2. Advertisement
      kipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      I am not sure what issues you have had with sky prior to the launch of fibre, but did you escalate the issues to the executive office if they were not resolved?

I would say to anyone who can not be bothered waiting for sky, that its perfectly acceptable to move to another ISP this is partly skys fault for taking so long. That said, its not totally down to sky why alot of people are unable to get SBUF. The FTTC rollout is behined schedule and not all cabinets are enabled that have been installed.

As long as people are aware that moving to different providers for FTTC is not as simple as swapping your adsl connection and moving between Virgin and other ISP can be a real pain.
      Yep, every single time it's ended up going through the executive office, which in itself is annoying.

I'm not transferring my number over to Virgin, my home phone line is largely an irrelevance these days. This is part of the reason I went with Virgin over BT, no messing about with PAC numbers, I can have a chap out to sort it all out in next to no time. I may live to regret my decision, we'll see. Sky can't offer me what I want, I'm leaving them.

kipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by W2S View Post
      I've been told the same crap from sky for the last few day that I can't get fibre but I just order it online install date 27th

I was about to go to the darkside but lucky that I try online
      You see I was able to place my order online.. told i'd get 40Meg. Then minutes later I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and to call them..

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kipster View Post
      Yep, every single time it's ended up going through the executive office, which in itself is annoying.

I'm not transferring my number over to Virgin, my home phone line is largely an irrelevance these days. This is part of the reason I went with Virgin over BT, no messing about with PAC numbers, I can have a chap out to sort it all out in next to no time. I may live to regret my decision, we'll see. Sky can't offer me what I want, I'm leaving them.
      We all have to do whats best for our needs!

W2S
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kipster View Post
      You see I was able to place my order online.. told i'd get 40Meg. Then minutes later I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and to call them..
      I'll find out in the morning sky are ringing me back fibre has free talk call free time which seems to have replace my talk unlimited and lost my free line rental to dec 2012

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by W2S

I'll find out in the morning sky are ringing me back fibre has free talk call free time which seems to have replace my talk unlimited and lost my free line rental to dec 2012
      I too lost my talk unlimited.

My monthly 5 has been refunded off my 2nd April bill.

Sky portal won't let u make another talk change within a 30 day period!!

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by W2S View Post
      Any changes ends any current promotions on your account but they can just restart it or offer an alternative.

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Any changes ends any current promotions on your account but they can just restart it or offer an alternative.
      I have a free HD Upgrade and a 25% total reduction on my TV subs, which weren't affected. But I guess it wouldn't, as nothing changed with regard to my TV Subs!

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I'd seriously think twice before you use VM.

No one else thinks this is odd but prior to the 2nd of April my connection ran at full speed any time of the day or night. Then it ran slow but I was told this was due to congestion, so it would appear that either they are lying or a whole load of new installs was done on the 2nd...

Tonight I come home after being out all day - and go to download from Sky PLayer which usually maxes out and I'm getting less than 20mbps. this is an hour after the end of the traffic management period, at which i should get no less than around 50

20mbps I hear you all say! - lucky thing some of you will say- don't you believe it!

I have ping of over 400 and packet loss - jitter is through the roof. It's the cheapest most nastiest connection on the planet - VM say I should accept it because they dropped the price. Cost was never an issue!

Infact im getting it on every port/protocol I try.

Upload is also going slow at 4mbps.. never happened to me before!

We've just decided to scrap VM. They can whistle for their money.. the service is bloody dire at best. Even the 10mbps which we tried the other day gives us less than the old trusty sky connection.

So we are going to join the ranks of people who could get VM but dont want to - of those who cant get BT or Sky but would snap hands off if it was offered.

So back to 9mbps - which to be fair is better than nothing!

W2S
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Just to let everyone know that I got my confirmation email for my fibre install and I can track my order.

I'm having to deal with sky's resolution department to get back my talk unlimited and free line rental to dec 2012

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234