Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree2Likes

Where is SBUF? Will it come today?

This is a discussion on Where is SBUF? Will it come today? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by ALtheDevil I have also been signed up today. I was having a discussion on Live chat with ...

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Where is SBUF? Will it come today?

Quote Originally Posted by ALtheDevil View Post
      I have also been signed up today. I was having a discussion on Live chat with a gentleman & because I asked if he could check if Fibre was going to be available in my area, he told me I had to call the broadband team. When I called through, I got through to someone who had been fibre trained.

So after a long call with going throught all the bits, I also have an engineer visit for the morning of the 26th April :-) They reckon I should get full speed as the cabinet is fairly close. Going from my rubbish speed to full speed is going to be fun :-)
      Good stuff, nice to hear more staff are able to help.

2. Advertisement
      mwatch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWNVW
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just called and told nope not available on my line, explained BT offered me 80mb and talk talk 40mb they checked again and said yes I could ahve it but it will not be availble to order until the 19th april and it will be 50 connection and 20 per month min 15meg download also she said that this was a provisional date. So I'll probably wait for that, after that it will be MAC and BT I'm not turning my nose up at 80mb even if peak times are capped for p2p, but I seldom use p2p so that wont bother me and lets be honest the speed at which stuff comes down your time downloading will be massively reduced. I'm more interested in the streaming element. Well bit more info there - I'm on Newton Llantwit exchange, if your told no and your exchange is enabled I'd asked them to check again.

:-)

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Hmmmmm. Maybe one more ring wouldn't hurt...Would it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mwatch View Post
      Just called and told nope not available on my line, explained BT offered me 80mb and talk talk 40mb they checked again and said yes I could ahve it but it will not be availble to order until the 19th april and it will be 50 connection and 20 per month min 15meg download also she said that this was a provisional date. So I'll probably wait for that, after that it will be MAC and BT I'm not turning my nose up at 80mb even if peak times are capped for p2p, but I seldom use p2p so that wont bother me and lets be honest the speed at which stuff comes down your time downloading will be massively reduced. I'm more interested in the streaming element. Well bit more info there - I'm on Newton Llantwit exchange, if your told no and your exchange is enabled I'd asked them to check again.

:-)
      That is why it is still listed as in trial, and they should call you not you calling them. This will ensure you get a fibre trained agent and not someone half guessing.

Im not saying your wrong to try, I just think they should say no out right until its all set to go.

Doobrey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Ok this is weird.

SamKnows says my exchange it updated for FTTC and the BT website says that I can upgrade to the new service.

Just spoken to Sky and they say it is not available for me?!?

Am I missing something?

Doobreydoo!

mwatch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWNVW
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Defo not wrong to try as people are getting it, you'd have to be a complete muppet not to try or don't mind the wait. Plus they were happy to take call, its business. Let not forget the SKY news post stating the 12th, I'm 110% they would prefer me to phone them than another supplier with a MAC code. The call has retained me for another week or so, no call and I'd be gone.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doobrey View Post
      Ok this is weird.

SamKnows says my exchange it updated for FTTC and the BT website says that I can upgrade to the new service.

Am I missing something?

Doobreydoo!
      Sam Knows can only tell if you exchange is enabled not what cab you are connected to or if it is enabled.

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doobrey View Post
      Ok this is weird.

Am I missing something?

Doobreydoo!
      This is the problem at the moment. My area is fibre enabled and my exchange has all the sky gear but cabinets have to still be released to sky for them to be able to except orders. I was told by the fibre team these updates can happen at anytime. There's a few other things to that need to be in place but these are minor updates that sky are in the process of sorting out.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Its probably that Sky are waiting on the order for the GEA-Cablelink to be fitted for the connection from the OLT/L2S that your line is on to their equipment in the exchange, BT Infinity and FTTC from any other provider using BT's back haul would be avail as soon as the exchange is fiber enabled but Sky can only supply you once they have the needed link to their equipment fitted by BTO.

I think the problem is CS are not properly ready to deal with Fiber and often just tell people SBUF is not avail to someone even when they know FTTC is enabled for them which leads to frustration and confusion but if speaking to the right person or pushing for more info it is more likely that it isnt avail right now but they should know roughly when it will be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123