Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Like Tree26Likes

Believe in better

This is a discussion on Believe in better within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; To add to the confusion, went to the Sky broadband website today, didn't see anything, a webchat window opened, thought ...

Lino is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Believe in better

To add to the confusion, went to the Sky broadband website today, didn't see anything, a webchat window opened, thought I'd give it a try, was asked if I'd filled in the pre-registration page, said I had but hadn't received a phone call, was told that someone would call me back within 12 hours. Let's see shall we?

2. Advertisement
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      LOL, I just called to order SFBU even though I am not allowed to and told it would be avalible later today.

I think its another case of nobody knows!
      I had a different rep telling me it was tomorrow at the earliest, and as somebody has now changed the date on the pre reg page today, i'd be more inclined to believe it's not happening today.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fazedup View Post
      I had a different rep telling me it was tomorrow at the earliest, and as somebody has now changed the date on the pre reg page today, i'd be more inclined to believe it's not happening today.
      To be honest, I didnt think it would. Either that or they need to sack who ever does their website. The fibre holding pages is a mess, a mixture of fonts. The fact it is not boasting about their offering is a little worrying.

That said it does give them time to look over their final offering before launch, and you never know they may surprise/spoil/treat us with better speeds.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

To be honest, I didnt think it would. Either that or they need to sack who ever does their website. The fibre holding pages is a mess, a mixture of fonts. The fact it is not boasting about their offering is a little worrying.

That said it does give them time to look over their final offering before launch, and you never know they may surprise/spoil/treat us with better speeds.
      Indeed, that coupled with the lack of advertising for a major product launch.

After the conversation I had today, product derivatives above the 40/2 currently being trialled, are not going to be available for some time, possible a couple of months.

It's all chinese whispers and smoke and mirrors on this subject, but the rep I spoke, was quite certain about this.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Indeed, that coupled with the lack of advertising for a major product launch.

After the conversation I had today, product derivatives above the 40/2 currently being trialled, are not going to be available for some time, possible a couple of months.

It's all chinese whispers and smoke and mirrors on this subject, but the rep I spoke, was quite certain about this.
      The ability to order a 40/10 connection is already there, and the marketing team are already...the only thing thats missing is the ability to see and order it lol.

Thanks

The ability to order a 40/10 connection is already there, and the marketing team are already...the only thing thats missing is the ability to see and order it lol.
      I've no doubt about that, Staff have been trialling 40/10 and 80/20 for a while now. Strikes me that Sky just 'aren't quite there yet' with SBUF.

From the get-go, the suits at Sky were not convinced about FTTC, IMO because of this, we haven't seen the full weight of Sky's Marketing capabilites thrown behind Fibre, rather a quiet, softly softly approach to rolling out a pretty damn good product.
      Ipster likes this.

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

13th. Mmmm. Unlucky number!

That's the first I've heard of being able to order 40 / 10! Has anyone actually got this through Sky? I thought everyone on SBUF was on 40 / 2.(apart from staff trials)

I think it's just a case of Sky making last minute changes (product & website) in response to BT.

The registration page has always been a joke anyway. It doesn't even recognise Sky as a current BB provider.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

The registration page has always been a joke anyway. It doesn't even recognise Sky as a current BB provider.
      Probably because Sky would rather gain other ISPs customers, simple marketing I would bet.

As for the 40/10 there is no official announcement, its just hearsay. But no doubt will be here in the future. As would 80/20

Unless of course Sky pull off the stunt of the century and gobsmack us all with a choice of packages.

This has really been a closely guarded secret, noone will commit to saying it is going to happen at launch, just it will happen in time.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Staff have been trialling 40/10 and 80/20 for a while now
      Nobody can order 40/10, it's being trialled in house.

I phoned Sky Fibre this morning, I was told that at Launch, there aren't going to be any different packages for customers to order, only 40/2.
      I was told that the faster derivatives are a couple of months away yet.

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

40/2 will do for a start!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast