Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Like Tree26Likes

Believe in better

This is a discussion on Believe in better within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by williammorris And I've ways thought that to be stupid For those of us who can only get ...

Fibreman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Believe in better

Quote Originally Posted by williammorris View Post
      And I've ways thought that to be stupid

For those of us who can only get 9 to 10 it means no chance even with cabs close by!

Stupid bt thank god for virgin

Sent using TapaTalk for iPhone
      No virgin option for those of us in Horsham. I think the council didn't want them digging up all the roads.

2. Advertisement
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

For those of us who can only get 9 to 10 it means no chance even with cabs close by!

Easy tiger, the 15meg Moxey was refering to, was the minimum guaranteed speed you will get on FTTC. But infact, it's not actually as cut and dry as over 15meg, or nothing. If you get FTTC installed and it's under this, you have the option to cancel without incurring any penalty. Or, you can stick with it, if you wish.

It has nothing to do with what you currently sync with ADSL. There are quite a few member on this forum with sub 5meg ADSL who are going to benefit greatly from VDSL2 speeds.
      Ipster likes this.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

I think it means you need a minimum of 15Mb FTTC.

Doesn't matter if you have 9/10 ADSL now........................ Think you might have mis-understood?

You'd have to be a bloody long way out to only get 9/10 on FTTC...........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Also BT say they can reduce your upload speed as they see fit not just in peak times in their T&C
      From 19 down to 15 for example. As opposed to a maximum of 2 from Sky. I don't think I'll loose sleep over that one - now that I've gone over to the other side.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fazedup View Post
      Easy tiger, the 15meg Moxey was refering to, was the minimum guaranteed speed you will get on FTTC. But infact, it's not actually as cut and dry as over 15meg, or nothing. If you get FTTC installed and it's under this, you have the option to cancel without incurring any penalty. Or, you can stick with it, if you wish.

It has nothing to do with what you currently sync with ADSL. There are quite a few member on this forum with sub 5meg ADSL who are going to benefit greatly from VDSL2 speeds.
      Me included. I get 5 today. Should get 55 once Infinity 2 kicks in. 1100% improvement will be nice. (for now!)

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      From 19 down to 15 for example. As opposed to a maximum of 2 from Sky. I don't think I'll loose sleep over that one - now that I've gone over to the other side.
      True. But still shaping non the less. Hope ya enjoy ya blazing fast speeds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      True. But still shaping non the less. Hope ya enjoy ya blazing fast speeds
      Thanks. Yeh. I guess there's the principle still.
      Lets face it. Sky / BT; I think everyone will have a much better experience once their onto some kind of FTTC product. This week is a very significant week for the rollout of Fibre in the UK. I'd love to get figures on the user adoption from Sky, BT, Virgin and Talk Talk. Be very interesting to see how this is all playing out

I do sympathise though with those that still have to wait.

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fibreman View Post
      This week is a very significant week for the rollout of Fibre in the UK. I'd love to get figures on the user adoption from Sky, BT, Virgin and Talk Talk. Be very interesting to see how this is all playing out
      Actually, in the grand scheme of things, this week isn't as monumental as you might think, certainly not passing any major milestones.

BTO Have been re-selling their FTTC offerings to around half a dozen ISP's for quite a while now.
      The fact that today, Sky have finally launched their underpowered VDSL2 product, is a drop in the ocean.

It's just another ISP re-selling a partially unbundled BTO product. I'm sure i read that SBUF will be available to 30% of Sky BB customers, and only a small percentage will opt for it.

EDIT: Still think you jumped ship a little too soon, I'm certain Sky will catch up, they always do. I'll never move away from Sky unless another ISP offers a truel unlimited package to match Sky, at a cheaper price. Or Sky move the goal posts.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Apparently Sky will also not be allowing Fibre transfers either at the moment.

In the very small print of the legal section of the Sky.com/broadband webpage is says:

Sky Fibre Unlimited: Availability subject to location and survey. 50 standard set-up. Not available to existing fibre customers except cable.

So they don't even want migrations at the moment, it really seems that Sky are trying to put road blocks in on this package.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      Apparently Sky will also not be allowing Fibre transfers either at the moment.

In the very small print of the legal section of the Sky.com/broadband webpage is says:

Sky Fibre Unlimited: Availability subject to location and survey. 50 standard set-up. Not available to existing fibre customers except cable.

So they don't even want migrations at the moment, it really seems that Sky are trying to put road blocks in on this package.
      I think that's just because the systems can't support some of the transfers. Some people have been told to buy Sky Unlimited first, so that they can then upgrade to Sky Fibre.
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast