Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Like Tree3Likes

Ok...new post: Lists of non sky llu exchanges & sky llu exchanges

This is a discussion on Ok...new post: Lists of non sky llu exchanges & sky llu exchanges within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; To be honest its pointless even trying to work out if you can get SBUF because I think there is ...

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Ok...new post: Lists of non sky llu exchanges & sky llu exchanges

To be honest its pointless even trying to work out if you can get SBUF because I think there is a little more to whats going on than we know about. The only way you will know if you can get sky fibre is when the online ordering goes live.

At the moment, we don't know what the final offering will be. We don't know what the terms or conditions are. We don't even know what the requirements are to get the service (and at the moment I dont think sky do either).

Until then, there is a fibre party going on over on another thread... come join in...

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      I don't think it's looking too good for me then!

Although I pay Sky for Line Rental and Calls, I seem to get the BT Line Test facility when I dial 17070 and at the moment 150 is engaged (and it sounds like BT Lady who is telling me the number I have dialled is busy and to press 5 to use ringback)!

I'm certain that I used to get "Welcome to Sky" when I dialled 150 in the past.

Tracert to bbc.co.uk gives:

2 cr0.wmdro.uk.easynet.net (87.xxx.xxx.xxx) 28.532 ms 28.864 ms 40.026 ms
      3 ip-87-87-137-129.easynet.co.uk (87.87.137.129) 23.219 ms 23.450 ms 23.480 ms
      4 te0-0-0-0.er11.thlon.ov.easynet.net (89.200.135.131) 35.881 ms 34.384 ms 32.047 ms
      5 212.58.238.189 (212.58.238.189) 28.562 ms 28.640 ms 28.263 ms
      6 * * *
      7 ae1.er01.rbsov.bbc.co.uk (132.185.254.46) 28.624 ms 28.070 ms 28.326 ms
      8 132.185.255.134 (132.185.255.134) 29.417 ms 29.674 ms 31.146 ms
      9 212.58.241.131 (212.58.241.131) 28.240 ms 29.445 ms 28.145 ms

I joined all services before SVBN was invented.

So what am I connected to at the exchange - a new ISAM (which seems to be a requirement for SBUF) or an old DSLAM/stinger (which will deny me access to SBUF)?
      Presumably the answer will determine whether or not I will be able to order SBUF tomorrow online?
      Online order placed and accepted at 07:50 this morning. Installation two weeks today.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

iMonkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDLNDFL
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm unable to get Sky Fibre apparently. Is there a link of some sort that advises when my exchange will be Sky LLU enabled? (I think thats why I can't get it. FTTC is fine)

lucifa42 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMAI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMonkey View Post
      I'm unable to get Sky Fibre apparently. Is there a link of some sort that advises when my exchange will be Sky LLU enabled? (I think thats why I can't get it. FTTC is fine)
      Yes your exchange doesn't have Sky LLU so your only option for FTTC is BT or other resellers.

Don't think there is any info or links about when Sky will enable new exchanges. It could be months - it could be years!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lucifa42 View Post
      Don't think there is any info or links about when Sky will enable new exchanges. It could be months - it could be years!
      Sadly this has been discussed on the forum before. Sky used to notify SamKnows of the dates that specific exchanges would be updated. apparently now they let them know which exchanges will be upgraded, but not when. They also don't tell Samknows when they have been done either.

This is rather silly to me. I also know that many of Sky's sales team have lied to get you to sign up to their Connect package now, on the promise that in 3 months your exchange will be upgraded. Several members have mentioned this, with one having had the promise a few years back. I've also had the promise made to me when helping someone else to order Sky Broadband. Needless to say that a year and a half later the exchange has still not been upgraded.

However Sky has stated their intention to install their LLU kit in more exchanges over the next year.

At the moment, according to SamKnows, of the 5,600 exchanges in the UK, Sky has installed their kit in around 1,949. TalkTalk has a presence in 2,408.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567