Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky fibre optic on non LLU?

This is a discussion on Sky fibre optic on non LLU? within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello I have been waiting an eternity for sky to unbundle our local exchange (stansted) so we could switch to ...

ksurtees is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky fibre optic on non LLU?

Hello

I have been waiting an eternity for sky to unbundle our local exchange (stansted) so we could switch to their unlimited 7.50/month service. However, I am still waiting!

We have just had fibre optic rolled in to our village and just waiting for the cabinets to be powered up.

I would be very interested in sky fibre for 20/month (given our current measly inconsistent 1.5-2mbps connection), however would our exchange need to have sky's LLU service , or are they able to use a different backhaul for their fibre service?

Kind regards
      Kris

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky fibre optic on non LLU?

Your exchange needs to be enabled for sky's LLU to be able to get sky's fibre products.

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Your exchange needs to be enabled for sky's LLU to be able to get sky's fibre products.
      Even tho my exchange is LLU enabled and we now have fibre up and running in our area sky said we are not enabled for sky fibre broadband. What else needs to be set up so I can get SUFB.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

At the moment Sky has only mentioned Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre. There has been no mention of any Fibre product on an exchange that doesn't have their equipment.

Based on how badly people regard the Sky Broadband connect package, Sky may have no interest in having a Fibre product for non-LLU enabled exchanges, but we may find out differently next month.

In the mean time keep checking with SamKnows to see if there is any update as Sky are in the process of rolling out more of their equipment across the country. It may also be worth speaking with the BTO engineers who are busy installing the Fibre cabinets, but be advised that they have been known to lie about the operations of a rival operator and many regard themselves as a part of BT PLC and not an independent company.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      Even tho my exchange is LLU enabled and we now have fibre up and running in our area sky said we are not enabled for sky fibre broadband. What else needs to be set up so I can get SUFB.
      Unless it was someone in the Fibre team, I would be inclined to ignore what the people in tier 1 or sales are saying. I've been given so much BS from Sky over the Fibre products that I would frankly not be inclined to believe a word they say on they topic.

Just be patient until Sky launches SBUF next month.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Unless it was someone in the Fibre team, I would be inclined to ignore what the people in tier 1 or sales are saying. I've been given so much BS from Sky over the Fibre products that I would frankly not be inclined to believe a word they say on they topic.

Just be patient until Sky launches SBUF next month.
      I do no what you mean. I thought I was getting somewhere with one rep then he lost all interest and I just give up trying to get an answer.

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      At the moment Sky has only mentioned Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre. There has been no mention of any Fibre product on an exchange that doesn't have their equipment.

Based on how badly people regard the Sky Broadband connect package, Sky may have no interest in having a Fibre product for non-LLU enabled exchanges, but we may find out differently next month.

In the mean time keep checking with SamKnows to see if there is any update as Sky are in the process of rolling out more of their equipment across the country. It may also be worth speaking with the BTO engineers who are busy installing the Fibre cabinets, but be advised that they have been known to lie about the operations of a rival operator and many regard themselves as a part of BT PLC and not an independent company.
      I was told by a Sky fibre team member that "they were badly burned with Sky Connect" so they didnt want a repeat of it. The reason for the delay in Sky fibre waas that Sky wanted to use their own network and not BT Wholesale. So in short no LLU-no sky fibre

​BT Infinity 2 51369/14357
      Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/10000
      Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro 49394/18767 Was before I got DLM'd down to 45000 but now downgraded

Sky Fibre Unlimited 39999/1999
      Sky Broadband Unlimited 10487/1049

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      When fiber is avail in an area it does not always mean every cab has been upgraded for fiber yet so you can only get it once the cab your line comes from has fiber available for it, have you checked to confirm if BT Infinity would actually be available for you to place an order, if not then that is why Sky Fiber is not available either.
      As far as we know, if/when BT Infinity is available (for your perticular line not just for your exchange), that means Sky Fiber would also be available if the exchange has Sky LLU, if this is not the case then that is very interesting, what exactly did Sky say as to why its not available ?

And ofcause as Scubbie points out i was also forgeting the fact that as its not officialy launched till April 12th alot of the Sky sales people deny any existance of a Sky Fiber product still and could be why you were told its not available to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      When fiber is avail in an area it does not always mean every cab has been upgraded for fiber yet so you can only get it once the cab your line comes from has fiber available for it, have you checked to confirm if BT Infinity would actually be available for you to place an order, if not then that is why Sky Fiber is not available either.
      As far as we know, if/when BT Infinity is available (for your perticular line not just for your exchange), that means Sky Fiber would also be available if the exchange has Sky LLU, if this is not the case then that is very interesting, what exactly did Sky say as to why its not available ?
      I told him we are fibre enabled and that bt infinity quoted me sppeds of 36/6. Even told him my exchange is LLU. He just said its not available to you. We still have to do more upgrades to exchanges which will be done through the year.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksurtees View Post
      Hello

I have been waiting an eternity for sky to unbundle our local exchange (stansted) so we could switch to their unlimited 7.50/month service. However, I am still waiting!

We have just had fibre optic rolled in to our village and just waiting for the cabinets to be powered up.

I would be very interested in sky fibre for 20/month (given our current measly inconsistent 1.5-2mbps connection), however would our exchange need to have sky's LLU service , or are they able to use a different backhaul for their fibre service?

Kind regards
      Kris
      The folks here have also done a nice "Sky Fibre Broadband -FAQ" , Have a read and keep an eye on it as they update it.. as and when new details of sky fibre is known.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipster For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (27-03-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast