Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Results 171 to 180 of 329
    Like Tree27Likes

    Sky fibre broadband

    This is a discussion on Sky fibre broadband within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Wasn't you there with him? Apparently the 3rd Annual Fibre cabinet spotters AGM gave out contact ...

    1. #171
      Fryingpan77's Avatar
      Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Bradford
      Posts
      668
      Thanks
      95
      Thanked 33 Times in 32 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Wasn't you there with him?

      Apparently the 3rd Annual Fibre cabinet spotters AGM gave out contact information for people to find out when their cabinets would go live. Apparently they needed to get Sky's information added too. It is all very secretive though with special hand shales and everything, so I heard.

      Seriously though guys, it is a matter of days before Sky launches SBUF. Don't worry so much. It is happening.
      For me it was never about getting on early. The reason I chased it down was because I got info from sky saying even tho everything is in place you still won't be able to get fibre, not early or at launch. It could take days or it could be months before I can get fibre now,but at least I no the score

      Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #172
      gorebrush's Avatar
      gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,136
      Thanks
      22
      Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      I don't think Sky would turn away new business.....

    4. #173
      jdsimp1234's Avatar
      jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Bridgend South Wales area
      Posts
      795
      Thanks
      5
      Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      hmmmm..we'll see...

      until 5:00PM - 9:00PM tommorow..when they are suppposed to ring me...

    5. #174
      gorebrush's Avatar
      gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      UK
      Posts
      1,136
      Thanks
      22
      Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      Quote Originally Posted by Fryingpan77 View Post
      For me it was never about getting on early. The reason I chased it down was because I got info from sky saying even tho everything is in place you still won't be able to get fibre, not early or at launch. It could take days or it could be months before I can get fibre now,but at least I no the score

      Sent from my ST18i
      Exactly.

    6. #175
      Gigabit's Avatar
      Gigabit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ZeN
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      110
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      BT and other providors (including Sky) need to be upgrading smaller exchanges with only ADSL1 services instead of upgrading exchanges that already have up to 20Mb broadband to fibre.

      It's not fair!

    7. #176
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      The reason why so many people are getting so many conflicting comments is down to the fact that some sky staff say things they shouldnt (with best intentions) and its the main reason why this was supposed to be a trial, you register and we call you... not you register and then we call daily.

      I have done it myself where you say something in passing to a customer, and then when it doesnt happen or things change the customer feels let down. If the trial had gone as it should when sky contact you they would be only contacting people who were able to get the service.

      As much as I want fibre, and stalk the BTO guys I would rather sky take the time they need to roll it out so that it protects the product quality and for it to remain unlimited.

      As Scubbie has said its only a matter of hours before we find out what the score is, I would like to point out though that sky have only refered to the service launching on the 12th and nothing about accepting orders on the 12th or any details on the package. I hope they do start accepting orders but dont be too dissapointed if they dont.

    8. #177
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
      BT and other providors (including Sky) need to be upgrading smaller exchanges with only ADSL1 services instead of upgrading exchanges that already have up to 20Mb broadband to fibre.

      It's not fair!
      Whilst I agree with what you say, Sky and all other ISP's are here to make money. They have to look at what the possible uptake would be in an exchange to see if its worth their while or how to prioritise the roll out.

    9. #178
      Gigabit's Avatar
      Gigabit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ZeN
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      110
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Whilst I agree with what you say, Sky and all other ISP's are here to make money. They have to look at what the possible uptake would be in an exchange to see if its worth their while or how to prioritise the roll out.
      That is the flaw in my argument. If only we lived in a perfect world...

    10. #179
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      Quote Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
      That is the flaw in my argument. If only we lived in a perfect world...
      Due to all the rain I am getting speedtest of around 3.5megs today so I totally understand what you are saying about the way they roll things out.

    11. #180
      Gigabit's Avatar
      Gigabit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: ZeN
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      110
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

      Re: Sky fibre broadband

      Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Due to all the rain I am getting speedtest of around 3.5megs today so I totally understand what you are saying about the way they roll things out.
      Thank you. I know Sky and other providors need to make money, but if they upgraded smaller exchanges with poor broadband to faster broadband, I really think that many users would take up this offer.

      Clearly providers think differently however.

     

     
    Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION