Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Port forwarding on the 2504N (fibre)

This is a discussion on Port forwarding on the 2504N (fibre) within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I added this on to the end of another thread but felt that it deserved it's own. I am due ...

Mr Mot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMCAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Port forwarding on the 2504N (fibre)

I added this on to the end of another thread but felt that it deserved it's own.

I am due to have fibre installed tomorrow and decided to get my router ready for the rest of my network. DHCP reservations and opening some ports up mostly..

When trying to open an inbound port, I input my desired setting, whether it be using an already defined port range or entering my own and which internal IP that I'd like it forwarded to, in this case my NAS on 192.168.1.3, with the router being 192.168.1.1 and the NAS's IP being statically assigned via DHCP. Once I click apply on that page it returns me to the firewall summary page but on the inbound table my new rule is not listed..

If I add one to the outbound rules it is successful every time.

I have tried adding the inbound rule several different ways (different internal IP, user defined rule etc) and none of them work.

Sky don't want to know, the fibre team have told me that they won't support me with it and that they don't want me to open any firewall ports, pfft!

So out in the interest of getting this sorted, could anyone that using the fibre router please try and open an inbound firewall port please and maybe list your firmware please. I'm not sure if there is more than one revision of firmware out there yet?

Also, I always get an error when I tick "respond to ping on WAN port" stating that the MTU value cannot be "0"
      Seems there are a couple of bugs!

2. Advertisement
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Re: Port forwarding on the 2504N (fibre)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mot View Post
      I added this on to the end of another thread but felt that it deserved it's own.

I am due to have fibre installed tomorrow and decided to get my router ready for the rest of my network. DHCP reservations and opening some ports up mostly..

When trying to open an inbound port, I input my desired setting, whether it be using an already defined port range or entering my own and which internal IP that I'd like it forwarded to, in this case my NAS on 192.168.1.3, with the router being 192.168.1.1 and the NAS's IP being statically assigned via DHCP. Once I click apply on that page it returns me to the firewall summary page but on the inbound table my new rule is not listed..

If I add one to the outbound rules it is successful every time.

I have tried adding the inbound rule several different ways (different internal IP, user defined rule etc) and none of them work.

Sky don't want to know, the fibre team have told me that they won't support me with it and that they don't want me to open any firewall ports, pfft!

So out in the interest of getting this sorted, could anyone that using the fibre router please try and open an inbound firewall port please and maybe list your firmware please. I'm not sure if there is more than one revision of firmware out there yet?

Also, I always get an error when I tick "respond to ping on WAN port" stating that the MTU value cannot be "0"
      Seems there are a couple of bugs!
      My 2504N
      System Details
      Manufacturer Sagemcom
      Model Number F@ST2504n
      Firmware Version 5.27.1a4N

I didn't have a proplem opening an inbound port. Set a static IP for my main PC, Connected over ethernet.

Outbound Services
      # Enable Service Name Action LAN Users WAN Servers Log
      1 AZ ALLOW always 0.0.0.0 (1:65535) 0.0.0.0 (31448:31448) Never
      Default Yes Any ALLOW always Any Any Never
      Inbound Services
      # Enable Service Name Action LAN Server IP address WAN Users Log
      1 AZ ALLOW always 192.168.0.6 (31448:31448) 0.0.0.0 (1:65535) Never
      Default Yes Any BLOCK always Any Any Never

Only thing you might need to be careful of, is the Openreach modem uses a gateway IP of 192.168.1.1, which is obviously going to conflict with what you've set your 2504N to.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

Thanks

Ahh, does it!

I've always used xxx.xxx.1.1 for my router.
      It should be fine set to .1.2 though and I'll shift an access point higher up the range.
      I tried resetting to default .0.1 and it made no difference.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Try temporarily disabling the WiFi and see if you have better luck.

It was found on the Sagem 2304n that the router worked a little better without the WiFi.

Thanks

It's allowed me to add them now. No idea why! I've changed nothing since I last tried (bar a power cycle as I went back to my billion)
      All working great now!

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mot View Post
      It's allowed me to add them now. No idea why! I've changed nothing since I last tried (bar a power cycle as I went back to my billion)
      All working great now!
      Happy days!

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

David Castle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Boreham
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Hi

I just got my FTTC yesterday, all is well except that it seems that Port 25 is blocked at the ISP. I have set up the Port Forwarding OK on all the other ports I use (FTP and POP3). And I know that I have set up the Port 25 one OK. It worked before on my ADSL. I have put a fault report to SKY and I will let you know how I get on. I also tried to set up the router out of the box before it was connected up to the modem/broadband ie bare out of the box. It did not allow me to save any of the Firewall rules until it was operational. I wonder if its a BT policy in the Modem.

Dave

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Sky might have blocked this for SBUF customers as it would constitute running your own servers online, and I'm sure you aren't supposed to this. However, I am more than happy to be told I am wrong as I like to host services too

A Fellow Dave

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,243 Times in 2,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Castle View Post
      I just got my FTTC yesterday, all is well except that it seems that Port 25 is blocked at the ISP. I have set up the Port Forwarding OK on all the other ports I use (FTP and POP3). And I know that I have set up the Port 25 one OK. It worked before on my ADSL. I have put a fault report to SKY and I will let you know how I get on. I also tried to set up the router out of the box before it was connected up to the modem/broadband ie bare out of the box. It did not allow me to save any of the Firewall rules until it was operational. I wonder if its a BT policy in the Modem.
      This may be nothing new. Sky don't like people using many non-Sky mail servers.

Take a look at this section of this forum and consider applying for a SkyUser SMTP Account: SkyUser Mail / SMTP

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

David Castle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Boreham
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

Unfortunately that is not an answer to my problem. I use SMTP for an internal mail system for the family, and this also keeps our contacts and calendars updated. And it is not "connected" to Internet Email. It also carries security pictures and hobby data. Ho hum
      Thanks for your suggestion though - it probably would have helped most people.

Hi and thanks, you have a busy job being a moderator here and I bet no one ever says that.
      Angel_Rex likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast