Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgrading to FTTC, can Sky offer this to me

This is a discussion on Upgrading to FTTC, can Sky offer this to me within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am wanting to upgrade to FTTC for connection in a few weeks, will Sky be able to offer this ...

Dark Light is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Upgrading to FTTC, can Sky offer this to me

I am wanting to upgrade to FTTC for connection in a few weeks, will Sky be able to offer this to me and also what the current situation with the 80\20 mbit upgrade. Also how long does it take from the point of ordering to connection for Sky and BT?

Finally on a unrelated note, last year BBC HD and the other channel on its transponder stopped working, recently further channels have stopped working. Will Sky replace my Sky HD box?

2. Advertisement
      odds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Router
      Thanks

Re: Upgrading to FTTC, can Sky offer this to me

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Light View Post
      I am wanting to upgrade to FTTC for connection in a few weeks, will Sky be able to offer this to me and also what the current situation with the 80\20 mbit upgrade. Also how long does it take from the point of ordering to connection for Sky and BT?
      As Sky haven't even offered FTTC yet that is impossible to answer.

Finally on a unrelated note, last year BBC HD and the other channel on its transponder stopped working, recently further channels have stopped working. Will Sky replace my Sky HD box?
      How long have you been a Sky subsciber ?. Get them out to fix if it is still in warranty.

Pete

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Sky are launching the first Fibre product on 12th April. Provided that you have their equipment in your local telephone exchange, and your home is able to get FTTC, you will be able to order SBUF from 12th April 2012.

In the mean time, visit their website and register your interest in the product.

https://fibre.sky.com/shop/broadband...ibre-broadband

As for your STB, there are a few things that could be causing your problem. As odds has suggested, if you are under warranty (less than 12 months), give Sky a friendly call. If you aren't could you take a look at the back of the STB and confirm the following:
      • the make and model of the STB
      • that the F-Plug connectors are secure and not showing any signs of corrosion

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Provided that your local cabinet is enabled for FTTC and there is capacity in the cabinet, the lead time for installing BT Infinity is one week.

If you go to the BT web site and pretend to order BT Infinity, it will check that FTTC is available to you and go as far as offering you an installation date before you have to complete the order. Just cancel at that stage.

It should be the same time scale for Sky, since the installation process should be the same.

Regards,

Felix

Dark Light is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

For the Sky TV, the Sky HD box is from about 2007 and I am not surprised that it is losing channels as it never really worked that well.

As for the FTTC, what is the current situation with the 80\20 or when will information be known about it?

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

For the Sky TV, the Sky HD box is from about 2007 and I am not surprised that it is losing channels as it never really worked that well.

As for the FTTC, what is the current situation with the 80\20 or when will information be known about it?
      In regards to a 80/20 service, sky have staff on trials but no dates or information is available. This is not surprising though considering they have not launched any fibre service to the general public.

I would guess that a speed increase will come but not sure if that will be a 40/10 or 80/20