Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

router help WNDR3700

This is a discussion on router help WNDR3700 within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Extract from Wikipedia; "All versions of the Xbox 360 come with a built in 10/100 Ethernet network adapter. Proprietary USB ...

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: router help WNDR3700

Extract from Wikipedia;

"All versions of the Xbox 360 come with a built in 10/100 Ethernet network adapter. Proprietary USB WiFi 802.11n and 802.11g adapters can be purchased separately. The Xbox 360 S, or slim, has built in wireless N 2.4Ghz networking."

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Any chance we can get this back to the original topic?

If anyone else has a relatively new WNDR3700, it would be useful if they could confirm that a MER fix is required from Netgear with this cable router for the SBUF. I have previously raised this issue with Netgear's tech support for the DGND3700 and I know that a few others have too. Looking at the manual for the OP's router, there is no current method of using the router on Sky's MER.

The current solution, which appears to work, is to connect the WNDR3700, and probably any other router, via the WAN port to the Sagem 2504N. Set a fixed IP Address for the WNDR on the Sagem and place that in the DMZ settings.

I know that some members have apparently cracked MER for some other routers, by no one has yet done so with the Netgears.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post

If anyone else has a relatively new WNDR3700, it would be useful if they could confirm that a MER fix is required from Netgear with this cable router for the SBUF. I have previously raised this issue with Netgear's tech support for the DGND3700 and I know that a few others have too. Looking at the manual for the OP's router, there is no current method of using the router on Sky's MER.
      I can confirm, it doesn't work. However my WNDR3700 is about 18 months old.
      I've scoured every forum and tried every method, extracted the passowrd from both my new 2504N and my D-Link 2640S. Nada.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

simon194 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDHAS
      Router: Sky Q Hub with Billion 8800NL in bridge mode
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Any chance we can get this back to the original topic?

The current solution, which appears to work, is to connect the WNDR3700, and probably any other router, via the WAN port to the Sagem 2504N. Set a fixed IP Address for the WNDR on the Sagem and place that in the DMZ settings.

I know that some members have apparently cracked MER for some other routers, by no one has yet done so with the Netgears.
      Most of the so-called cracks are just done by using IPoA or the equivalent with the IP address from a standard Sky router. I can get my old DG834G router to connect using that method. The only problem is the IP address only remains valid until Sky's DHCP system allocates the same IP address to another connection because the "static" IP address entered will get returned to the IP pool after up to 30 mins if it's not properly reallocated.

There won't be a 100% solution for 3rd party routers until someone figures out how the second MER authentication layer works which only official Sky routers responds to and then get an IP address.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to simon194 For This Useful Post:

fazedup (14-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simon194 View Post
      There won't be a 100% solution for 3rd party routers until someone figures out how the second MER authentication layer works which only official Sky routers responds to and then get an IP address.
      This is what I fear, but there are a couple of IP Addresses involved for the WNDR3700 to utilise.

From my understanding, the BTO Modem is provided with an Internet IP Address, but it also has an IP Address which can be referred to if you hack it (192.168.1.1). It wouldn't be too hard IMHO to use either of these addresses to check things through, but I don't have access myself to do so.

I do have my own DGND3700 and a WGR614 to test things with when I get the opportunity.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Mr Mot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMCAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

I've ordered a WNDR3700 to play with, I'll also be trying my Billion 7800n on Monday after installation.

Just had a quick play with the sky fibre router, extracted username and password (not that they'll be much use now that MER seems to be forced) and had a look at the backed up config where I see no usernames or passwords, just for ppoa which are "sky" and "sky" for both user and pass.

Just a quick thought, anyone that's tried spoofing the WAN MAC, have you also tried the LAN MAC?
      I believe the ADSL MAC would be different to the EWAN MAC, no?
      Ipster likes this.

sparky678911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear R6300
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

just throught i would share this of how i have routers shame about one in the middle lol

sparky678911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear R6300
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

ok i spoke to sky today well they phones me to check fibre was back up and running and i was chatting with him and found out that the Sagemcom router can handle speed upto 110mb yes he agreed the wireless lets it down and they will not be looking into the furture about ppl using they own router because sky will not give support hope this help or updates ppl cheers

Zino_Jones is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

... Set a fixed IP Address for the WNDR on the Sagem and place that in the DMZ settings
      I thought the guide says set a fixed IP address for the internet connection, not the router? the router has a different IP address altogether shown in the guide...

Thanks

Sorry it can become confusing at times. This past month I've been swapping routers & modem around so I know that it can become really confusing keeping tabs on it all.

The IP Address for the WNR3700's WAN port will be fixed (i.e. 192.168.0.250).

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast