Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Like Tree38Likes

Sky Fibre hopeful

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre hopeful within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Last night I decided to go on a recon mission whilst on my way back from picking up a Chinese... ...

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

Last night I decided to go on a recon mission whilst on my way back from picking up a Chinese... om nom nom.

I drove past the site of the supposed two cabinets, but there in fact three of the little blighters!

The third is identical to the one pictured above. Excitement levels have been turned up to 11!

Too dark to see if it was Cab 9b or whatever, but there aren't any other cabinets in my area, pretty confident that that's my boy down there

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Well I am not sure what is happening to the BT Wholesale checker again today, my exchange is supposed to be enabled for FTTC in March and was giving estimates for FTTC. Now I am lucky if I can get it to say I can have any broadband at all based on my post code. I have tried various post codes both near my home and work that until yesterday were giving FTTC estimates today nothing.... (both exchanges home/work were due to enable FTTC in March).. I hope its a glitch with the checker and not with the roll out...

Thanks

If I try the wholesale checker (using my mother in laws number as she lives across the street from us...)

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 48.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 8Mbps.

Funny how it says cabinet is planned, the new cabinet has actually been there for weeks - I now recall seeing the BT guys erecting it.

thomasjc1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: plusnet fibre unlimited
      Router: asus rt-n66u
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

i THINK they are doing something wooooooooohoooooooooooooo digging a trench as we speak there are some grey looks like 4-5" diameter pipes on this side of the road and some next to the cabinet on other side of the road hmmmmmmmmmmm ill probably be disapointed and its nothing to do with it haha
      gorebrush likes this.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjc1 View Post
      i THINK they are doing something wooooooooohoooooooooooooo digging a trench as we speak there are some grey looks like 4-5" diameter pipes on this side of the road and some next to the cabinet on other side of the road hmmmmmmmmmmm ill probably be disapointed and its nothing to do with it haha
      go and ask them, you never know, they might give you some info

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      If I try the wholesale checker (using my mother in laws number as she lives across the street from us...)

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 48.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 8Mbps.

Funny how it says cabinet is planned, the new cabinet has actually been there for weeks - I now recall seeing the BT guys erecting it.
      From my understanding cabinets can be there weeks if not months before they are full connected with power and everything... so until then go out and give it a polish every now again...

Thanks

OK Cool, next step then, wait for that 31st March Date and see if it drops another quarter ...

thomasjc1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: plusnet fibre unlimited
      Router: asus rt-n66u
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

mine was set for dec 12 but now its end of march

Thanks

You mean yours has come forward? Lucky, mine was September 2011, December 2011, now March 2012....

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

well gorebrush your exchange is def on the Openreach sites 'accepting orders now' pdf so as soon as your cabs fiber box is connected and powered up you should be able to order fiber broadband, googles street view is the best way to find out where cabs are but unfortunately alot of boxes dont have clear numbering on them, also i read somewhere that when the fiber boxes are powerd up and working you can hear the fans humming away inside them.

After scouting round your area with google i guess youre refering to the 2 bt cabs by the bus stop just before the bend on Bryn Rd, in the google image the box on the right does have what looks like it may be the remains of an 8 on it but over the back from there just a little way along Bryn Heulog there is a little small cab with 8/1 on it, this may just be a feeder point back to the main number 8 cab and they prob will only place fiber boxes at the main big cabs but may be worth keeping an eye on this cab just incase.
      I have marked the point on this map 51.550685,-3.588525 - Google Maps select the green marker and click street view to see the box.

Have you tried that tel number or youre post code on either the infinity or plusnet sites to see if they say you could order fiber from them yet or not

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast