Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Results 111 to 120 of 294
    Like Tree38Likes

    Sky Fibre hopeful

    This is a discussion on Sky Fibre hopeful within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; well if I jump on fibre to the cabinet ill happily post my new speed of what its given me ...

    1. #111
      deadman1984's Avatar
      deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      newcastle upon tyne uk
      Posts
      3,235
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      well if I jump on fibre to the cabinet ill happily post my new speed of what its given me hehe
      fazedup likes this.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #112
      Moxey's Avatar
      Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Posts
      326
      Thanks
      20
      Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Another 12 exchanges posted this morning, just goes to show tho that you need to take the forcast dates with a pinch of salt as 2 of those just posted as accepting orders were dated for June, 'Lords' and 'North Paddington'

    4. #113
      Ipster's Avatar
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      751
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      Another 12 exchanges posted this morning, just goes to show tho that you need to take the forcast dates with a pinch of salt as 2 of those just posted as accepting orders were dated for June, 'Lords' and 'North Paddington'
      Yet places that are due to go live live March look no where near finished in places, some areas seem to have had lots of cabinets put it and yet others just a few... I would love to know BT's logic

    5. #114
      fazedup's Avatar
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Wiltshire
      Posts
      332
      Thanks
      20
      Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Confirmation recieved today

      Sky Fibre hopeful-capture.jpg


      "...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

    6. #115
      deadman1984's Avatar
      deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      newcastle upon tyne uk
      Posts
      3,235
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      now I am jealous

    7. #116
      dj_smurph's Avatar
      dj_smurph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: edgware
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      edgware
      Posts
      90
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      The thing that confuses me it says that the sbu has been disconnected yet i still got broadband.

    8. #117
      deadman1984's Avatar
      deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      newcastle upon tyne uk
      Posts
      3,235
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      I think it means the switch over I think from unlimited to fibre unlimited

    9. #118
      paulkerdot's Avatar
      paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      247
      Thanks
      5
      Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Quote Originally Posted by dj_smurph View Post
      The thing that confuses me it says that the sbu has been disconnected yet i still got broadband.
      I just placed my fibre order and my order tracking says the same thing. I was getting worried there!

    10. #119
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,227
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 390 Times in 314 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Quote Originally Posted by paulkerdot View Post
      I just placed my fibre order and my order tracking says the same thing. I was getting worried there!
      We had some issues with BT the other year and the phone line got disconnected, (and then put back on with a huge credit) Sky emailed to say that our BB was being disconnected etc - It was all disconnected as far as Sky were concerned, but during the 10 days or so that Sky told us that we would be reconnected, we never actually lost Sky BB at all.

      I think it is the way that Sky work so to speak, ie when a line is disconnected, the port is still connected. It is only actually disconnected when Sky tell BT to use your old port number on the next connection that BT connect.

      It's a weird way of doing things, but I assume the messages that both of you are getting, is the fact that Sky have now taken your port number off assignment so to speak at your exchanges.

      I know of many people who have had the same experience. As far as Sky are concerned, until your port number is reassigned, then it is impossible to have Sky BB - But from experience, you can.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

    11. #120
      fazedup's Avatar
      fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Wiltshire
      Posts
      332
      Thanks
      20
      Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

      Re: Sky Fibre hopeful

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      We had some issues with BT the other year and the phone line got disconnected, (and then put back on with a huge credit) Sky emailed to say that our BB was being disconnected etc - It was all disconnected as far as Sky were concerned, but during the 10 days or so that Sky told us that we would be reconnected, we never actually lost Sky BB at all.

      I think it is the way that Sky work so to speak, ie when a line is disconnected, the port is still connected. It is only actually disconnected when Sky tell BT to use your old port number on the next connection that BT connect.

      It's a weird way of doing things, but I assume the messages that both of you are getting, is the fact that Sky have now taken your port number off assignment so to speak at your exchanges.

      I know of many people who have had the same experience. As far as Sky are concerned, until your port number is reassigned, then it is impossible to have Sky BB - But from experience, you can.
      I concur. It's just one of those Idiosyncrasies that go hand in hand with Sky and the way they do things.

      A friend of mine cancelled her package (TV and BB) early autumn of last year, without migrating to a new ISP.
      She continued to get a fully working BB connection 2 months after the cancellation date had passed. She even phoned Sky to ask why and to make sure she wasn't going to get an unexpected bill.
      The CS rep said, "But you don't have BB"!! The connection finally ceased in January, nearly 5 months after cancelling.


      "...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

     

     
    Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION