Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Like Tree334Likes

Sky Fibre connection

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre connection within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That is a standard BTO Green Street Cabinet. Check out with the link below to see whether you are currently ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Sky Fibre connection

That is a standard BTO Green Street Cabinet.

Check out with the link below to see whether you are currently able to get BT Infinity:

BT Infinity – super fast broadband with a fibre optic internet connection

If, like myself, you pay Sky for the line rental, then you will have to use the option to search based on your address. FTTC will currently show as up to 40/10, but will be raised to 'up to' 80/20 soon.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColinDJ View Post
      Hi all

Another lurker, first time post. I never thought I'd get to the point of driving round where I live trying to spot green cabinets but in the last few days after reading all your posts, I am now aware of pretty much all of them in my vicinity!! Where do I send the petrol expenses form to?!!
      I think I know which is my nearest cabinet, I live in Crayford, Kent and BT site says we're due to go live at end of March 2012. Only problem is, the cabinet I think we're connected to doesn't have a ventilated bigger brother sitting next to it. My postcode is DA1 3QZ if anyone can check the BT list for my nearest cabinet I'd be extremely grateful. Think this is it from Google street-view
      Dartford DA1 3QZ - Google Maps

Thanks all for the posts and useful info thus far. Have this thread bookmarked and am currently checking it every day!
      Sorry to say that your Post Code has not shown up on the PCP document for Dec 2011. This could mean your cabinet is not planned to be upgraded yet or that you are close enough to exchange to have a direct line in which case you will not get FTTC. The best thing you keep checking the BT line checker

ColinDJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CRAYFORD
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for that Ipster. SamKnows says that I'm nearly 2 miles from the exchange so I guess I'm not in line for Fibre yet. As you say, I'll keep checking the BT website in hope

gaz2810i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Northolt
      Sky TV: Sky+HD1tb box
      Thanks

Will Everyone, who is able to get infinity be able to get Sky unlimited fibre at launch or will the roll out be staggered amongst those who can? Also I am all new to all this. Can someone explain what makes Cable 50meg (what I currently have), BT infinity and Sky Fibre different? the latter two the more important because Virgin told me their was a difference and i'm not sure why but they were most likely just pulling a fast one.

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
      Will Everyone, who is able to get infinity be able to get Sky unlimited fibre at launch or will the roll out be staggered amongst those who can? Also I am all new to all this. Can someone explain what makes Cable 50meg (what I currently have), BT infinity and Sky Fibre different? the latter two the more important because Virgin told me their was a difference and i'm not sure why but they were most likely just pulling a fast one.
      stick you landline number in here (or postcode & house number if it asks) http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=29017

they are the same technology Fibre to the Cab (FTTC) this means that the fibre runs from the exchange to a street cab then from there either twisted copper pair (what a standard phone line uses - BT & Sky) or coaxial cable (virgin).

so the difference is how the connection gets from the street cab to your house
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

7. The Following User Says Thank You to andrewjr For This Useful Post:

gaz2810i (16-03-12)

NWLondoner is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      I'm on a Sky LLU line. Will my postcode be on the PCP list. There is a set of fibre cabinets near me and BT says FTTC is available to me. My postcode is ******
      Last edited by NWLondoner; 17-03-12 at 11:37 AM.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NWLondoner View Post
      I'm on a Sky LLU line. Will my postcode be on the PCP list. There is a set of fibre cabinets near me and BT says FTTC is available to me. My postcode is xxx xxx
      The PCP list is a leaked document from BTO that shows which PCP cabs are planned for Fiber deployment and what post codes these PCP's suply their lines to so what provider your line then connects to at the exchange does not matter.
      Unfortunately your post code is not on the PCP list which would indicate that either your post code feeds directly from the exchange and does not have a PCP or it is suplied from a PCP which for some reason was not included in the roll out plans when this document was done.

The PCP document is only acurate for the time it was leaked however and may have changed so dont give up all hope but there is no information available to us for you at this time.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 17-03-12 at 01:10 PM.

zAerokill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01256 (Basingstoke)
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

*************, rg22 ***
      ADSL available at ~1Mbps
      Cable services not available
      FTTC services available
      BT 21CN services available
      Wireless services not available

Why can't I get FTTC? When can I get FTTC? This is so frustrating! Within the past few days, my internet has suddenly gotten even slower.
      I just can't download anything or even watch videos! I hope when Sky do get round to it, it would be sooner rather than later...

Sorry for the frequent posts. 4 years of this is enough.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 17-03-12 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Removed home address to stop bots from picking it up.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Just had a letter from BT and they are distraught im leaving there phone service for Sky Talk because my fibre SUFB install is a week Tuesday,i was expecting to get a huge bill for breaking my contract.Deep joy they are charging me 11.52

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Just a polite reminder to everyone posting:

This is a public forum. It is visited on a regular basis by various search engine bots to compile pages for the search engines. There are also bots which circulate to harvest personal information such as email addresses, telephone numbers and home addresses.

Even by posting your Postcode you are identifying yourself to within a group of houses or flats. It would be possible for someone who is unscrupulous to use this information to identify you.

I would suggest that you post such information under caution.

To put things into perspective, there are nearly always over 200 bots visiting, creating over 25,000 page views per day.
      Angel_Rex and morgee like this.

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast