Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Like Tree334Likes

Sky Fibre connection

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre connection within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Well was supposed to have sky fibre fitted this morning, had taken the day of work and come 1pm no ...

adamjjh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middleton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre connection

Well was supposed to have sky fibre fitted this morning, had taken the day of work and come 1pm no sign of BT. I then got an email from sky saying the engineer could not get access to the property and I have been charged £105 for missing the appointment!!!!

I have been in all day, no one has knocked on the door or called my phone but apparently he was outside for half an hour ??????

2. Advertisement
      McBridge is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bedlington
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamjjh View Post
      Well was supposed to have sky fibre fitted this morning, had taken the day of work and come 1pm no sign of BT. I then got an email from sky saying the engineer could not get access to the property and I have been charged £105 for missing the appointment!!!!
      Hope this does not happen to me, I too am waiting for BTO.

Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I have been in all day, no one has knocked on the door or called my phone but apparently he was outside for half an hour ??????
      I rest my case about BT Openreach engineers, wouldn't logic say call the telephone number they were working on? I would argue that you have taken a day off work to have it fitted and No BT engineer! See if they will refund the £105.

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Can someone tell me if the engineer will put the router where I want it? Same room as master socket but I'd like router by tv on other side of room. Sky have just rang and confirmed 27 of this month for installation

bhavinshah88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Perivale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity FTTP
      Router: TP-Link Archer C9
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2003 View Post
      Can someone tell me if the engineer will put the router where I want it? Same room as master socket but I'd like router by tv on other side of room. Sky have just rang and confirmed 27 of this month for installation
      Yes they will.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bhavinshah88 For This Useful Post:

Paul2003 (12-03-12)

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Like clockwork, BTO have just updated their twitter account to announce 11 more exchanges have now become active for Fibre...
      Woodley ,Woodborough, Plumtree, Melrosegate, Lostwithiel, Headless Cross, Harlow, Harelhill,Corby,Carterton and Broughton

Now lets see which lucky exchanges make it on the roll out list this time?
      Yay 1 of those posted today is that 1st exchange in my town that had a date of March and had all its fiber cabs fitted, now thats gone finally live they just need to hurry up and start fitting the fiber cabs for the other 2 exchanges that are dated for June, bet my exchange will be the last of the 3 to get done too

After the twitter post i had to go out so made a small detour to see if i could see any fiber boxes going up around the area 1 of the other exchanges covers and although i didnt see any fiber cabs yet i did see 2 of those big square BTO vans at 1 of the PCP's and they were doing something under the big ground covers in front of it so something may be starting to happen, ill give it another few days then go looking for fiber cabs again

Anyway shortly after the twitter post those exchange lists get updated and the entries for the newly live exchanges get moved from the coming soon to accepting orders list, interestingly tho the total number of entries now on the coming soon list compared with after the last twitter update on 27th Feb has gone down by 24 not 11 so some exchanges have been cancelled/removed from the current list or they forgot to post another bunch of live exchanges last Monday, either way there is still 218 exchanges on the coming soon list that are dated for March as well as 177 dated for June and 2 that were meant to be done by Feb

Come on BTO, get a move on

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      I rest my case about BT Openreach engineers, wouldn't logic say call the telephone number they were working on? I would argue that you have taken a day off work to have it fitted and No BT engineer! See if they will refund the £105.
      Complain to Sky stating that you were at home all morning and that no one knocked on your door or rang your doorbell.

Make it clear that it will cost you money to to take another day off and that you will expect BTO to fully reimburse you for the inconvenience.

In the mean time you expect BTO to send someone else either today or tomorrow evening.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

this is awful, make sure that you get you money back, BT should cover this cost. as Ipster said why didnt they call your landline number?!?!?

On a seperate note, finally got around to buying a new office desk and chair and now have much more room as my desk was getting cluttered with 2 routers, 1 external HDD a 17" screen, laptop and speakers

also check out my latest speed test in my sig....!!!
      Last edited by andrewjr; 12-03-12 at 04:06 PM.
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

adamjjh is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Middleton
      Thanks

Thanks for the support and info guys! I have spoken to sky and they are going to wave the £105 charge. I have asked them to make a complaint to BTO but they are saying that thereís nothing they can do as BTO are a separate company.

Sky donít seem to be able to do a lot about this, all I want to know is why BTO didnít come and if they did whey they never knocked on the door or phone me, they canít even get me a faster booking, got to go to the back of the queue so will be another 3 weeks before BTO can come back!

Meteosat is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Porthcawl (S.Wales)
      Broadband ISP: BT INFINITY
      Thanks

Thanks for the support and info guys! I have spoken to sky and they are going to wave the £105 charge. I have asked them to make a complaint to BTO but they are saying that there’s nothing they can do as BTO are a separate company.

Sky don’t seem to be able to do a lot about this, all I want to know is why BTO didn’t come and if they did whey they never knocked on the door or phone me, they can’t even get me a faster booking, got to go to the back of the queue so will be another 3 weeks before BTO can come back!
      Just wondering if they have a bad post code or mis-quoted number, if so could happen again - I'd keep a look out on the whole street if it were me!!

Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast