Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 57 of 111 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Like Tree334Likes

Sky Fibre connection

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre connection within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've yet to meet anyone else on my exchange who is interested in getting fibre too....

gorebrush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: UK
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM pfSense 2.3.2-RELEASE-p1 on ESX 6
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre connection

I've yet to meet anyone else on my exchange who is interested in getting fibre too.

2. Advertisement
      Ipster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teecey09 View Post
      Your not the only one! I'm still jealous that my friend who lives about 2 minutes away from me and also applied for the trial a while after me has had 3 phonecalls from the fibre team and now has an install date!
      I am sure they have their reasons (or like to think they do) of who and how they put people on the trial. All good comes to those who wait who are good boys and girls.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sorry to be the nasty one here, but I have removed loads of OT posts from this thread, and I am quite prepared to carry on doing so if they continue to be OT or until I get bored of reading them. Then I will start putting those who are guilty into moderated posts, if this continues.

I am not singling anyone person out.

TBH If the OT was a joke, then I didn't really find it that funny. This is a very busy thread, and the comments are not helping anyone who may be reading it.

There is no 'I am a more useful member on here whatsoever', and there never has been. We value every members' contribution, but only if helpful.

However we do value OT posts in the General Chat section, especially on a Friday night, after alcohol. That was why that section was created.

It stops now, if anyone has an issue, please report the post by clicking on the warning triangle. The mods and admin will then remove the offending post/s etc
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 02-03-12 at 04:57 PM.
      Stumpy, Bartlet, Ipster and 1 others like this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewsreadeR For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (02-03-12)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlet View Post
      The selection criteria for calls does seem rather random (and frustrating!).
      Yes to us it does appear to be random. If, from what has been posted, they are looking towards getting at least one connection in each eligible exchange, they are targeting heavy users and those who are looking to go elsewhere, then I guess like many others you will need to wait a little longer.

I posted it earlier today, but I shall say it again: SBUF will be launched next month. So we have another 4 weeks of this waiting.

Others have mentioned that Sky are planning to make lots of promotions available when it is launched. I suspect that they will also have a huge marketing campaign too. It will be too easy for Sky to suggest that they can offer 'Truly Unlimited Broadband at 40mb' that I am sure that BT and Virgin will be getting 'truly' worried.

Personally I still need to wait a lot longer. My exchange still has not got a proper date, it just says '2012'. There are many others who haven't got a date at all. We also need to remember that SBUF will only be available where Sky's equipment has been installed in the local telephone exchange too.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
      I've yet to meet anyone else on my exchange who is interested in getting fibre too.
      I think people just got fed up of all the BT Infinity adverts, looked it up to be told.... Sorry not in your area. I think once people get it and start talking about it (Sky fibre) that people will see that it is a much better offering than other ISP's. I have yet to see a forum with people on BT or Virgin who don't complain about traffic shaping and peak time slow downs. If sky really can pull it out of the bag 20 for unlimited data with no slow downs... its a winner really.. although even better would be 40/10

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      ...its a winner really.. although even better would be 40/10
      Up to 80/20 would be better still
      Mystic Eddy and Ipster like this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Mr Mot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMCAN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks
      I assume everyone else that has signed up has been granted free installation and the router for free?

I haven't read the full thread so apologies if it is in here already.

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      I have yet to see a forum with people on BT or Virgin who don't complain about traffic shaping and peak time slow downs.
      This was the major driving factor that made me opt for Sky BB in the first place.

I was with Plusnet many years ago, who at the time were fabulous. Then they were bought out by BT, Ellancoya's deployed, and welcome to the world of Tarffic Shaping!

At the time, my exchange was LLU'd, so went to Zen, who were also great, albeit expensive.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Yes to us it does appear to be random. If, from what has been posted, they are looking towards getting at least one connection in each eligible exchange, they are targeting heavy users and those who are looking to go elsewhere, then I guess like many others you will need to wait a little longer.

I posted it earlier today, but I shall say it again: SBUF will be launched next month. So we have another 4 weeks of this waiting.

Others have mentioned that Sky are planning to make lots of promotions available when it is launched. I suspect that they will also have a huge marketing campaign too. It will be too easy for Sky to suggest that they can offer 'Truly Unlimited Broadband at 40mb' that I am sure that BT and Virgin will be getting 'truly' worried.

Personally I still need to wait a lot longer. My exchange still has not got a proper date, it just says '2012'. There are many others who haven't got a date at all. We also need to remember that SBUF will only be available where Sky's equipment has been installed in the local telephone exchange too.
      If and when I get mine... if you have a cat5 cable long enough I am happy to share lol

I do wish BT would post status updates about exchanges such as delays ....
      Scubbie likes this.

fazedup is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chippenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mot View Post
      I assume everyone else that has signed up has been granted free installation and the router for free?

I haven't read the full thread so apologies if it is in here already.
      As far as I'm aware, all 'Trialists' are having activation and router costs waived.

"...We're through the looking-glass here people, none of us have ever done anything like this before... except Mike, who as we all know, once stole a Tank and tried to invade Paris!"