Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Like Tree334Likes

Sky Fibre connection

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre connection within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Ipster Normally in the mac world its a helpful tool. I found out from it that other ...

andrewjr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NDSIT
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Super Fibre
      Router: Ubiquiti Unifi
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre connection

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
      Normally in the mac world its a helpful tool. I found out from it that other routers in my street were overlapping my channel and not giving me the best speed swapped channels now get full transmit rate of 450. As for the battery on the iPhone everyone has issues with it... 5.1 will help out with that I seem to get an extra 4 hours on mine.
      network utility is stating I'm connect at 144Mbps, fast enough for me. as for the iPhone that battery was good up till a week ago
      AirPort Extreme + Sky Fibre Guide | Mac OSX Automator for xDSL stats for HG612 & Vigor 130

Hauwei Cab > VMG1312-B10A > RT-86U Merlin | 58301/12298

2. Advertisement
      Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justinlang View Post
      Are you assuming that the spreadsheet entry is accurate to within a day, or have they been lazy and used 1/3/12 to show March 2012 in the formatted spreadsheet, and that it could actually happen anytime in March up to 31/3/12?

Almost all of the March exchanges have been been given 1/3/12.
      Also there is still more than 200 entries on that spreadsheet with a March date so with way less than 20 exchanges being posted each week (12 for the last week and 7 for the week before), id say well over half of those will slip beyond March anyway and makes you wonder where that leaves those of us with a current June date.
      It seems Openreach are way behind their preliminary schedule

paulkerdot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newton Mearns
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Apple Time Capsule
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Order placed tonight.Installation 13th march. Can't wait. Lady at sky pretty sure uploads speed will increase ASAP.

dpb
      dpb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: swadlincote
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Todays the day ! Received sky router on friday, BTO engineer due anytime soon

don2345 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: northern
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I dont know if anyone can help but i have been on sky broadband unlimited package when it came out and was paying 10 a month. However last week i rang up sky to see ifi could save some money and they put my broadband price down to 7.50 per month but i am now in a 12month contract.

What i want to know is that if i want the sky fibre broadband will i be penalised and have to wait 12 months before i can get it???

darrenmdr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: St Peters
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

All set up, glad I configured the router before the engineer came. 20 minutes and all set.

Just waiting to see what ~I get left with when everything settles down, but so far so good.

terryf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: retford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      Also there is still more than 200 entries on that spreadsheet with a March date so with way less than 20 exchanges being posted each week (12 for the last week and 7 for the week before), id say well over half of those will slip beyond March anyway and makes you wonder where that leaves those of us with a current June date.
      It seems Openreach are way behind their preliminary schedule
      What spreadsheet? Haven't seen one. I just went by seeing box, saw cables go in and Inspectors answer to my question as to when box is being powered up. Also 100% of lines going fibre.
      Terry

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terryf View Post
      What spreadsheet? Haven't seen one. I just went by seeing box, saw cables go in and Inspectors answer to my question as to when box is being powered up. Also 100% of lines going fibre.
      Terry
      Apologies, there is several useful links in the FAQ. One of them is this: Openreach - Superfast fibre broadband - Where and when

Scroll down the page a little and you will see the spreadsheets that are being referred to.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenmdr View Post
      All set up, glad I configured the router before the engineer came. 20 minutes and all set.

Just waiting to see what ~I get left with when everything settles down, but so far so good.
      Nice result. I am of the personal opinion that everyone will probably end up with a 40/2 connection as BTO have recently changed to the new speeds. Sky's connections are currently capped and the 40/2 speed.

Should Sky increase the connection speeds and uncap everyone, then we shall see a difference in what people have.

Quote Originally Posted by don2345 View Post
      What i want to know is that if i want the sky fibre broadband will i be penalised and have to wait 12 months before i can get it???
      This is a question that I have put to someone who should know. I am awaiting an answer. When it is available I shall update the FAQ. If I don't get an answer, then we shall all have to wait until the product launches or someone else comes up with the answer.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

terryf (28-02-12)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Very unlikely, you would be upgrading your connection, so will start a new contract when that is done. It is very like someone starting a contract on Lite and upgrading to Unlimited before the 12 month period is up. Apart from starting a new contract, there is no penalty.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darrenmdr View Post

Looking good

I am hoping I get a ping of 16ms like Andrew!

Darren could you also do a ping test to www. bbc.co.uk?

Ahhh Is it Friday yet? 8am-1pm is such a long time away

.............Although this does seem ungrateful as atleast i have it coming.... I feel sorry for the people who are still awaiting a FTTC date!

Page 45 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast