Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sky - new fibre launch

This is a discussion on Sky - new fibre launch within the Sky Broadband (Fibre) Help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by andrewjr Hello All, .........I registered my interest on both of Sky's pages (the very old one that ...

Wine Gum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky - new fibre launch

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjr View Post
      Hello All,

.........I registered my interest on both of Sky's pages (the very old one that nothing happened with) and the latest one. So if you registered on the latter webpage you should be receiving a call from Sky any day, I was the 3rd customer that they rang off their pre-reg list and the 2nd to take the deal......
      Can you post a link to the registration page as I can't find it

2. Advertisement
      thomasjc1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: plusnet fibre unlimited
      Router: asus rt-n66u
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjc1 For This Useful Post:

Wine Gum (02-02-12)

andy_mk3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMSTMFD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Vigor130 & pfSense
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm looking forward to getting fibre, my Sky BB contract ends in May/June, so I was going to go with Infinity then. But if Sky can offer a decent package then I will stick with them

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Fibre is supposedly coming to Gateshead in March, so i'm hoping I'll be able to get it installed later in the year.
      Ian.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

@reddwarfcrew
      not sure whats happening there and cant find CMALL listed at all on any of the openreach lists, what exchange is that and how do you know thats what your parents are on ?

@Cookie
      The problem is that there are no dates or indications from openreach regarding the phases so its a little bit of guess work with them tbh, after spending alot of time comparing exchange names from the different phases with the openreach exchange lists it seems all the early phases upto phase 6 have their exchanges listed on the 'exchanges accepting orders now' list but ofcause exchanges can be on that list when only some cabs are done so its only speculation that each phase is being completed before the next, it could be that some cabs from the earlier phases still need doing so as your cab is listed under phase 3 id hazard a guess that it should be done but theres no guarantee so the best thing you can do is go out and try to find that green bt cab that is listed for your post code and somewhere near to it there should be a nice new green metal cab with vent holes on the front, if there is then you should be good to go

@brianc
      the info given for the 'deployed' column is as follows:
      Key:
      “YES” = Part of scheduled deployment
      “NO” = Removed or Deferred from Scheduled Deployment
      “Blanks” = Not part of a phase / untargeted cabinet
      so i guess if yours is No then it means it was part of the listed phase but for whatever reason it has been decided it will not be done as part of the current plans, if/when that would change is unfortunately only known to openreach im afraid

i guess this also highlights the point that i believe these documents are leaked from openreach and so only acurate at the time of obtaining, things could have changed in respect of indevidual cabs and so deployed stating yes can not be taken as guarantee it will be done but atleast gives some hope in that it was originally part of the planned roll out

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxey For This Useful Post:

brianc (03-02-12),Cookie (03-02-12)

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moxey View Post
      @reddwarfcrew
      not sure whats happening there and cant find CMALL listed at all on any of the openreach lists, what exchange is that and how do you know thats what your parents are on ?

It is allesley in Coventry. I know that's what they are on because they have lived there for 30 years. It is simply the exchange that they are on

SamKnows - Broadband Availability - Allesley (CMALL) Exchange

Thanks

Those 2 exchanges are not that far apart and sometimes its not always obvious what exchange your line routes to as if you live inbetween 2 exchanges it may not necessarily be the 1 physically closer that you connect to, hence my asking if there was something that made you sure they are on the exchange you think they are.

As the PCP list is from openreach and gives information for what cab number from what exchange a post codes lines are from then i would be inclined to think that information would be correct and that they are in fact conn to the exchange it lists and not CMALL but if you somehow know for 100% definate that they are on the CMALL exchange then i dont know what is going on with that and the PCP document must then be open to errors

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Okay forgive me but they are 100% on cmall. It is as simple as that. I know for various reasons. I know that the sun will rise tomorrow I know the sea is blue. I know that my parents exchange is cmall.

They are not on CMtil they are on cmall. I am not mis taken. I am not stupid. I know they are on the allesley exchange.

Btw how do you know what exchange you are on!?!?!?!

Thanks

I know what exchange i am on because i found that out when i got my ADSL conn, i thought i might have been on another exchange than i was as it was a bit closer to me then mine is

at no point did i suggest you are stupid, i mearly asked how you knew what exchange they are on if the PCP document is suggesting otherwise just incase you were asuming it due to location which for whatever reason MAY not always be the case, a question i might add that you refrained from answering other than "you know, cuz youre not stupid"

you may be right, the PCP document may be wrong, who the hell knows or cares, i just wanted to help and try to understand a strange occurence that you yourself raised on here, im beggining to wish i hadent bothered now, sorry if my attempt to help offended you, ill leave it at that.

praveena1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Now, BT is coming up with 300 Mbps Broadband.

BT to offer ultra-fast 330Mbps broadband | Business | guardian.co.uk

Also, they are going to up the FTTC speed from 40 to 80 Mb from April. Spoilt for choice

Will Sky be able to offer the same 80 Mb, as they use the infrastructure of BTO ?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast