Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Early connection

This is a discussion on Early connection within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; A friend of mine received their router last Friday, with a go-live date of 28th October (Saturday). They installed the ...

MickL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horbury Ossett
      Broadband ISP: Max (allegedly)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Early connection

A friend of mine received their router last Friday, with a go-live date of 28th October (Saturday).

They installed the router on Saturday morning and hey presto - they were online (this is the first time that they've had broadband so prior to this, their line wasn't enabled).

On Monday morning, they received a phonecall from Sky apologising for the delay in go-live - they advised him that his connection date had been moved to Monday 6th November.

When he told them that he'd been browsing already, they didn't believe him & put someone on from Technical Services (the TS guy even did a search & said that his line wasn't scheduled for connection until the 6th).

Sky are still adamant that he won't go live until the 6th but he's been online ever since installing!

I wonder how many others could have been told the same by Sky & are refraining from using?

2. Advertisement
      madman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wandsworth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      if the line is active, you can use it all you want, there are other members here who had their line active before the activation date. that date is a guide when Bt & Sky have sorted there act together, but in theory and pratice activation can happen before that date.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      same thing here but it was only 2days early!

movielad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I was activated nearly 5 days earlier than the official activation date. And I've only just received a letter from Sky telling me there was a problem with my order and they need to talk to me. Not a chance - I'm up and running and it's staying that way.

Any incompetence on their part will be met by Trading Standards, Ofcom and many letters to the computer and national press expressing my feelings on the matter.

M.

jwball is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mansfield
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MickL View Post
      A friend of mine received their router last Friday, with a go-live date of 28th October (Saturday).

They installed the router on Saturday morning and hey presto - they were online (this is the first time that they've had broadband so prior to this, their line wasn't enabled).

On Monday morning, they received a phonecall from Sky apologising for the delay in go-live - they advised him that his connection date had been moved to Monday 6th November.

When he told them that he'd been browsing already, they didn't believe him & put someone on from Technical Services (the TS guy even did a search & said that his line wasn't scheduled for connection until the 6th).

Sky are still adamant that he won't go live until the 6th but he's been online ever since installing!

I wonder how many others could have been told the same by Sky & are refraining from using?
      One possible explanation is that a neighbour has an unsecured wireless network and he's actually connected through that. You didn't mention that the internet light was lit on the router so I'm assuming quite a bit here.
      Connection down since 27/10/06