Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By seawright

regarding billing

This is a discussion on regarding billing within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; now that lm finally on Sky fibre (and lm loving it so far) lve got a little question about billing. ...

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

regarding billing

now that lm finally on Sky fibre (and lm loving it so far) lve got a little question about billing.

l asked this question before but the reps on the chat werent very helpful.. in fact they suggested it couldnt be done..

anywho, long story short l asked them if l could in essence "credit" my account with money for the next bill.. that is to say before my next bill was generated put the money over hence saving the need for the direct debit to be used..

also it would allow me to budget so much a week towards my contract and mean that l wouldnt have one lump sum going out each week. in essence it meant l could just chuck so much credit onto the account which would be then taken when the bill was due.

now lm pretty sure it said somewhere (but l couldnt find it) that it would take credit first before it billed any other outstanding balances, so my question is "if l add say 20 one week to my account before the bill is generated to cover my fibre for example, would it take the 20 credit straight from the credit that was already on the account before it debited any other outstanding balance for say the line rental if l had not put enough over to cover that."

basically all lm asking is if l so wish could l put credit over and cover the next bill in advance, my assumption would be yes, after all they are getting their money for services rendered and lm paying ahead of time meaning that they get their money either way!

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: regarding billing

Pretty sure they would charge you as like paying by credit card etc

I can't see why you cannot just keep topping the account up by credit / debit card though

Only one way to find out though I guess

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Auron is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hereford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

indeed, why else would there be an option to add "credit" to your account if you couldnt top it up before hand in order to meed the next bill for example after all it accepted the credit l put on the account earlier technically to sort out the next bill, once my money gets in l plan to top it up a little more as they didnt add the fibre to this bill.... a computer glitch saying my router had not arrived when in fact it had meant lm only being billed for the talk service this month and getting double hit for the broadband.

this is kinda why l wanted to credit the account to meed the next bill without having a 50 spendout paying for 2months fibre and line rental. if it works that way l can clear later bills without spending more than 10 a week just to keep ahead so things have been cleared (that way l dont have to rely on a direct debit which will only be used in emergencies should l forget).

RJM
      RJM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Weybridge
      Broadband ISP: Now PlusNet
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

I'll think it will be probably the same as the electricity companies work.

You can top the account-up but, they will still take the same direct-debit amount each month and then reconcile every 12 months.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
      this is kinda why l wanted to credit the account to meed the next bill without having a 50 spendout paying for 2months fibre and line rental. if it works that way l can clear later bills without spending more than 10 a week just to keep ahead so things have been cleared (that way l dont have to rely on a direct debit which will only be used in emergencies should l forget).
      If there is credit on your Sky account it will be used to offset your next bill.

When I First ordered Sky I messed up the date I wanted the direct debit payment to be taken. I was told that I could not correct it until the first payment was taken although this payment was taken on the required date. When I then called to change it I was told that I had not given enough notice so that the next payment would be missed and that Sky would take a double payment the following month. I was not happy with this so the agent advised me to call the automated payment system on the day I wanted to pay and make a card payment. This I did and a month later the correct (not double) payment was taken without any further intervention on my part. All the payments were correctly recorded on my online bill and I was not charged an extra 50p for making a credit card payment.
      NewsreadeR and RJM like this.