Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Broadband down for 12 days

This is a discussion on Broadband down for 12 days within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi I've just got my broadband ( BB ) working again after 12 days of not working. Sky finally worked ...

odelay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Broadband down for 12 days

Hi

I've just got my broadband (BB) working again after 12 days of not working. Sky finally worked out the problem was at the exchange.

Towards the end of this fiasco I asked the Customer service chap if I could get reimbursed. He said this would be possible but I would have to send info for claim via Sky.com

I did this mentioning about unhappy it not working for 12 days and the hassle of staying in waiting for engineer (only one morning) and the 12 or so phones calls.

I got a reply and all the guy said was that I could get a claim on the phone charge but I'd have to send through once I got the relevent bill.

I emailed back asking about being reinbursed for 12 days without BB but I haven't received a reponse (4 days).

Has anyone else been in a similar postion? What would you expect in way of reinbursement? What would you do now? Wait till get phone info and mention about 12 days or ring them up?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Broadband down for 12 days

Best advice is to collect all the relevant bills and present them in one go. Depending on what you used during this period, you should be able to somehow show out of pocket expenses (phone calls, 3G dongle if you needed to purchase one (always check first), pay as you go top ups, excess charges for Internet access on your mobile, and any other relevant expenses).

Also, because of the extended period, I would push for compensation.

Unlike a business line, domestic user can't claim huge amounts for compensation, however after a few days you are entitled to some. I am not sure where to look for guidance on this but I am sure that some Internet searching will help.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Re: Broadband down for 12 days

You will be credited for the number of days you were without the service from the time it was noted on the system that you called in. If you produce bills for any out of pocket expenses like mobile bills etc, they will probably reimburse you for that. Compensation is unlikely, they will more likely look to apply some kind of offer to your account, such as a service free or half price for 6 months.