Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Warning Rant: Sky have serious customer support issues

This is a discussion on Warning Rant: Sky have serious customer support issues within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Wouldn't it just be easier to have them listen to the Sales Call to get the matter resolved?...

Pettitos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01142
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Warning Rant: Sky have serious customer support issues

Wouldn't it just be easier to have them listen to the Sales Call to get the matter resolved?

2. Advertisement
      noony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

They would not honour the sales call. This was confirmed by a floor manager as they refunded me the 35 for my own router they told me to buy.

However I now have the new router (free). But have never plugged it in as I'm quite happy with my non sky router snd have a load of port forward settings I dont want to replicate. It was more the fact I didn't get what I was promised.

What should be embarrassing for sky is that the call centre manager (not supervisor) refused the new router saying that there is no way that one will be sent out. No less than 30mins later the customer retention agent sent me one free of charge.

They seriously need to align or at least have the same rules. Yes yes I know that some can do things that others cant but your would assume that the head of the floor, would have the power to offer what is essentially the most important thing for Sky "customer satisfaction". Had the manager done what the customer retention agent did I would not be writing this post now.

There you go, I'm ranting again

Sorry

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

I haven't had any issues with sky at all its perfect for me i cant see how others are having issues.

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It's because Sky's service isn't a uniform thing. All businesses aspire to this, but there's always one person who's a little bit tired when a call comes in, or is new, or is clock-watching and wanting to end the call early. Since we rely on people, occasionally they will get it wrong - either accidently or deliberately - but mostly, things will run smoothly.

The only problem I ever had with Sky was the order process; my order for Sky Broadband got 'stuck' and there was 'nothing they could do' and they 'had to wait 31 days until it let us order it again, since the previous sales advisor did it wrong'... Only way that got fixed was by a CEO email.

Since then, every (rare!) time I've had to call in the last five years, everything has been excellent.
      ---reech---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12