Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sky Fibre Optic Trial

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Optic Trial within the Sky Broadband feedback forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by planetf1 But still no news... no updates "mid year" .. I'm sure it's only because they're waiting ...

Mystic Eddy is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Apple AirPort ac Time Capsule
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Optic Trial

Quote Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
      But still no news... no updates "mid year" ..

I'm sure it's only because they're waiting for my exchange to go live (must be close, our box has been in since end Aug/early Sep) and then they're about to invite me to the local trial.

Ha!

In terms of limits, I have been using up to 170Gb, but having just got a new tv+bluray, both with integrated streaming I expect this to rise. BT's 300Gb may be about right, though I can see it not that hard to exceed with totally legit content.

The worst aspect of the Bt package isn't imo the 300Gb limit - it's the punitive 1Mbps that they apply for a full 30 days after you hit that limit (in peak hours). That speed breaks so much usage that may as well be cut off
      I've enquired both with normal CS and Darroch's office, but neither of them could give me any firm info on a possible trial or product launch. Apparently as long as you're registered on the site, you'll be the first to hear of any developments. It's just a bit pants that my area's been live for four months now and they still haven't changed their stance.

To be honest, I'm not in that great a rush to make use of FTTC, it'd just be nice to have a speed that could reach the upper limits of the 20Mb product, rather than the half way house my line currently provides.

If anything, I'd expect to start hearing murmurings from Sky when TalkTalk launch their product based on GEA.
      I Used To Have An Open Mind, But My Brain Kept Falling Out

2. Advertisement
      planetf1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Optic Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Eddy View Post
      , it'd just be nice to have a speed that could reach the upper limits of the 20Mb product, rather than the half way house my line currently provides.
      Or for me > 4.5 Mbps...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345