Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Frequent outages South East

This is a discussion on Frequent outages South East within the Sky Broadband exchange information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello All , Not really sure how many members are affected by this but over the last three weeks, We ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub SR203UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Frequent outages South East

Hello All , Not really sure how many members are affected by this but over the last three weeks, We have had numerous outages from Sky (openreach) they lasted a few hours to all day & into the evening 👹 !!!! Allways get a message from Sky stating Outage in Your Area with apologies !!!!!! But never an explanation as to what is wrong (exchange overload) ? It must be exchange problems because I can see My cabinet and there is never an openreach van there.
      We are supposed to be moving sometime soon from fibre to the cabinet to full fibre to the property although I will believe it when it happens ☘ !!!!
      I think Openreach/Sky may need to build larger scale exchanges with far greater capacity to supply the house building in the South East Area.

Just a Thought .........🎈

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT-Fibre-900
      Router: opnSense-I78550-Fanless
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Re: Frequent outages South East

It's the same for my mum in Norfolk on sky. I'm now trying to get her upgraded to fttp and hoping that will sort it, mine has been great since I left and went back to BT. All the local FB groups are always moaning about sky lately, they were rock solid for years while I was on their vdsl.