Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree1Likes

Incompatible with Sky Broadband message

This is a discussion on Incompatible with Sky Broadband message within the Sky Broadband exchange information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by ram11 Was planning to write an email to him today, but surprisingly telephone line check on Sky's ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Incompatible with Sky Broadband message

Quote Originally Posted by ram11 View Post
      Was planning to write an email to him today, but surprisingly telephone line check on Sky's website shows my line can have broadband to the speed of 5 to 11.4 MB.

Rather mysterious. Not sure because of the BT Chairman's office intervention or the post here.

Anyways, am happy... It has been a long struggle.
      No problem. At least things are resolved now.

By the way, is it better to switch to Sky now or wait until their imminent launch of 100 GB network?
      That is the backbone, not what you or I will get in the next 20 years. Besides, the combined downloading ability of all your computers and mine would not be sufficient to scratch the surface of such a connection as they are today.

There are stories that Sky is getting ready to launch a fibre product soon, but no one can give you a definite date at the moment. It is generally agreed that the upgrade to the backbone is in anticipation of the increased traffic generated by the launch of a fibre product.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

2. Advertisement
      ram11 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      No problem. At least things are resolved now.

That is the backbone, not what you or I will get in the next 20 years. Besides, the combined downloading ability of all your computers and mine would not be sufficient to scratch the surface of such a connection as they are today.

There are stories that Sky is getting ready to launch a fibre product soon, but no one can give you a definite date at the moment. It is generally agreed that the upgrade to the backbone is in anticipation of the increased traffic generated by the launch of a fibre product.
      Thank you for your clarification.

But I am wondering whether I will be able to move to Sky Fiberoptic if it comes in the next few months, if I take the Sky ADSL broadband now? I am concerned because both are different technologies and maybe they won't let me know move over.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

...But I am wondering whether I will be able to move to Sky Fiberoptic if it comes in the next few months, if I take the Sky ADSL broadband now?...
      Based on previous experiences with various contracts with other companies, I would guess that you would either be tied with an ADSL line until the 12 months are up or you could be asked to pay a fee.

To be fair, this is one of the many questions that we all have for when Sky does finally launch their Fibre product range.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234