Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Only two movies in Showcase

This is a discussion on Only two movies in Showcase within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Thanks Scubbie. Today another item has appeared in Showcase, so now it is up to 5. We have had pretty ...

Franchise_mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01903
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Only two movies in Showcase

Thanks Scubbie. Today another item has appeared in Showcase, so now it is up to 5.

We have had pretty atrocious weather, so you may well be right. There is just a slight worry that I may have caused this when connecting another box to the 2 spare connectors on the LNB. This thread refers to it:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/frees...x-freesat.html

The signal strength and quality on the 2nd box are around 70% for both channels.

There has been no noticeable deterioration in viewing quality throughout the extreme weather conditions. I guess it is just a question of waiting to see if Showcase continues to fill. It is no great problem, since Anytime+ is working fine, but I was worried that it might be an indication that something more serious was going on.

Mark

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I have a friend who lives beside a main road. The previous people who lived at the address had the dish placed too low. Every time a double decker bus or high lorry passes to close her signal drops momentarily. She could pay to have the dish repositioned but doesn't have a lot of spare cash.

The result is that her Showcase listing is never that as full as my own.

If you too are experiencing the occasional picture quality drop then it may be something as simple as a loose dish, arm, intermittent cable/LNB issue that is developing.

If either STB is a Thomson model, I would consider checking the PSU. When the PSU fails/start failing it can damage the LNB.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Franchise_mark (22-06-12)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

What you have to remember too is that the Samsung only has 140Gb available for Anytime, whereas the Amstrads have 250 or 500Gb.

If you haven't done a Sky+ Planner rebuild you should do one. Press Services button, then 001, Select, 7, Select twice. You will not loose any recordings and the disk will be tidied up making it more efficient.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Franchise_mark (22-06-12)

Franchise_mark is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01903
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Thanks Scubbie. Now that I know how Showcase/Anytime works, it is easier to understand what is going on.

Thanks also to Isitme. A planner rebuild has been completed. Again realising the limitation of the Samsung box, helps to explain the problems.

Showcase is slowly rebuilding, and (probably coincidentally) my search facility has returned. All is now well on the South Coast - for now.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you do a lot of recording and deleting it pays to do a Rebuild every couple of weeks. Look on it like defragging your hard disk on a PC.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12