Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Playback issues

This is a discussion on Playback issues within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (new member and haven't had time to check through all previous posts). I've ...

mickeys chicken leg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (new member and haven't had time to check through all previous posts).
      I've had a long running issue with anytime+ where I've been able to select a programme/film for download. The message that the download is available to view appears and it shows in my planner, however, this is where the problems start. When I try to play back a message pops up stating that I need to upgrade my subscription to view (I have the full Sky package).
      Bog standard anytime works fine, it's just the anytime+.
      I've been through Sky's phone fixes and system rebuilds numerous times until they finally resigned to telling me that the problem must be the box.
      I'm out of the first 12 months so I've had an approved contractor call put through my insurance who has replaced the box (a reconditioned unit). After replacement I now only have the standard anytime selection (I could view and select anytime+ programmes/films with my old box).
      All Sky personnel and the independent engineer have never came across this problem - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      mickeys chicken leg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys chicken leg
      Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere (new member and haven't had time to check through all previous posts).
      I've had a long running issue with anytime+ where I've been able to select a programme/film for download. The message that the download is available to view appears and it shows in my planner, however, this is where the problems start. When I try to play back a message pops up stating that I need to upgrade my subscription to view (I have the full Sky package).
      Bog standard anytime works fine, it's just the anytime+.
      I've been through Sky's phone fixes and system rebuilds numerous times until they finally resigned to telling me that the problem must be the box.
      I'm out of the first 12 months so I've had an approved contractor call put through my insurance who has replaced the box (a reconditioned unit). After replacement I now only have the standard anytime selection (I could view and select anytime+ programmes/films with my old box).
      All Sky personnel and the independent engineer have never came across this problem - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      Wow thanks for the invaluable feedback people! This really is a fantastic board, can't wait to tell all. I'm sorted now, so toodle-ooh! 8-)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Playback issues

How did you sort it?

Possibly people didn't know.

Glad you are though.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~