Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By NewsreadeR

Anytime + not working

This is a discussion on Anytime + not working within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I have the above message on my amstrad sky HD box, I have registered via mysky for the service and ...

craigbrown79 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Anytime + not working with orange broadband??

I have the above message on my amstrad sky HD box, I have registered via mysky for the service and have waited 48 hours for the service to go live, the hardwired cable is working via the belkin router i use, I have tried switching the box off via the mains waiting for a few mins the powering back up as stated in other threads. But still i cannot seem to get it to connect Your help would be most grateful Landy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by craigbrown79; 11-04-12 at 07:21 PM. Reason: updating on thread

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Anytime + not working

It maybe that your PC or other devices are using 192.168.0.2 as their IP and so there is a conflict.

I would set the HD box manually for an IP - Too drunk to explain how to do it now though.
      steelysteph likes this.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've checked the ip address on my devices on my network and they are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jghp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ringwood
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi, In order to connect to Anytime + you need to connect either via an Ethernet cable to the green port on the back of the Sky HD box to your router box or you connect wirelessly but you will have purchase the wireless connector for the Sky HD box 60. I have BT Infinty with an Edimax 300M range extender located close by the Sky+ HD box. I connected the Sky+ HD to the extender via a Ethernet cable. Having registered for Anytime + I like you could not see the connection link on the Service Network menu (same screen as you). However when I went on to Services and clicked on SKY+ Set Up it immediately recognised the connection to Router and that was it. Shame SKY could not have this posted somewhere. Anytime + is brilliant with huge amounts access to films, sports, and you can get onto ITV Player etc.

Exchange:
      Thanks

i have just come off the phone with sky, who had me updating the software on the HD box, unplugging all leads resetting the settings on the box and still i cant connect,

the parting words the advisor stated is that Orange broadband are causing the issue with my sky box not been able to connect to the Anytime+ service,

My question is does anyone on here use Orangebroadband with the HD box anytime service??

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Try opening a port on your router for it. Create a Service, call it Anytime, make it TCP/UDP start/finish port 3700. Now go to your Firewall rules and create a rule for the Service and point it to the IP address of the Skybox. While you are in the settings, go to your Address Reservation list and add the IP of the Sky box. If it is still the same as your first post it will be 192.168.0.2, but check as this may have changed. When you have done that, put the box into Standby and then right off for a minute. Switch it back on and check your Network connection.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've just checked my UPnP settings on the router and they are enabled.

The previous comment, I wouldn't know where to start creating the things you stated

I am using a netgear N150 router

UseLess is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Demon
      Sky TV: Sky+HD & Sky+
      Thanks

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by craigbrown79 View Post
      My question is does anyone on here use Orangebroadband with the HD box anytime service??
      A mate of mine uses Orange BB and he had no problems. He just enabled it via the Sky site and then plugged the STB into his router and it worked. I think he's using the funny shaped Orange router.
      Quote:
      Life is like a toilet roll, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes....

SkyUser Pinger | Password Generator | Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

I put a post on sky's help forum last night and received a link this morning which helped me out a great deal the main issue was I had to change a setting on the modem full details are on this link

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anyt.../357443#M10318