Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anytime problems with my Tenda wireless connector

This is a discussion on Anytime problems with my Tenda wireless connector within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Have bought a Tenda W150M wireless connectore and really struggling to get it working with SKY Anytime - can anyone ...

RAZOIRE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01509
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Anytime problems with my Tenda wireless connector

Have bought a Tenda W150M wireless connectore and really struggling to get it working with SKY Anytime - can anyone help.

Have gone through the set up process on the Tenda website - but when i connect to the SKY box it is not successful.

The Netwrok Settings on the Service menu show as follows :-

Local Connection = OK
      Service Connection = FAIL
      IP Address = 192.168.2.240
      DHCP =OFF

I've tried to set up the manual IP config using the following settings :-

IP Address 192.168.2.240
      Subnet 255.255.255.0
      Gateway Router 192.168.2.1 (This is the number shown on the label of the Tenda unit)
      DNS 8.8.8.8

Can anyone help me please....Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Anytime problems with my Tenda wireless connector

What router are you using? What is its IP address? The Tenda will have to have its IP address changed to one in the same range as the main router. ie, If your main router has a range of 192.168.1.1 to 254, change the Tendas address to 192.168.1.240. Also switch off its DHCP server as having it on will cause conflicts.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      What router are you using? What is its IP address? The Tenda will have to have its IP address changed to one in the same range as the main router. ie, If your main router has a range of 192.168.1.1 to 254, change the Tendas address to 192.168.1.240. Also switch off its DHCP server as having it on will cause conflicts.
      Thanks for your help - I've tried this but still no success........

I've gone in to change the IP address on the Tenda and was also asked for the following information at the same time:-

IP address (which I set to same range as my main router - 192.168.1.240)

Subnet Mask (which I set to same as my router - 255.255.255.0)

I also have to enter the following :-

Default Gateway

Primary DNS

Seconday DNS

I also set the DCHOP to "Static IP" - is this correct?

Thanks again for helping me.

Thanks

Having had a quick look at the manual it seems you have bought a portable device with 5 different modes, which is probably overkill for what you want.. I think the mode you need is Client+AP. This should allow you to connect the Sky box to the device using the ethernet cable and it should communicate with the router wirelessly. Instructions for setting this up are in section 5.2 of the user manual which you will find here - http://www.tenda.cz/sites/Upload/w15...uter_w150m.pdf
      Have a try at this and see how you get on.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks...... yes I have been trying to set it up using Client + AP mode...... and have been following the instruction manual...... it doesn't explain every single field that you come accross though and some I've had to work out for myself (probably where the problem lies)......

It also recommends to use the setting AES as opposed to TKIP............... but when I looked at the config details coming from my main router this was referencing TKIP so I used that set up instead....is this correct?

I'm wondering if I'm entering the Default geateway, Primary and secondary DNS info in incorrectly when I'm in the tendra settings (which I had to access to set up the correct IP address (as per your first reply).....where can i find the correct info to enter into these fields.

Once again - thanks for your help.....it's much appreciated from the technically challenged!

Thanks

It also recommends to use the setting AES as opposed to TKIP
      In the final wireless N standard TKIP is dropped, or will only allow connection at the G standard(54mbps), so you should use AES, which is fully supported. It does not matter what the other router is using, although if it gives the choice, choose AES or Tkip+AES.

Your other setting should be -
      Default Gateway <The IP address of your main router> eg 192.168.1.1.

Primary DNS ........ 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS) or 8.8.8.8 (Google public address)

Seconday DNS......208.67.220.220 (OpenDNS) or 8.8.4.4 (ditto)

TomD

Useful Utilites

darttart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm also really struggling with this, and I don't consider myself to be a complete networking idiot. Have managed to figure out the IPV4 setup and Tenda browser setup, despite none of the instructions I've seen being the same as what I see, I have tried various permutations of using the Tenda IP address settings, my router IP address settings, sometimes I can access the IP address/gateway in the browser and sometimes not (this is probably the most frustrating part). However, no matter what settings I use, I cannot get my Sky+ box to recognise the settings. I bought this product due to reviews saying the setup is easy. Not so - can anyone give precise instructions of what details go where (ie where do I enter the tenda details and where do I enter my route details)?
      Thanks in advance - you will likely save me from going bald!

Thanks

There are several versions of the Tenda, what model are you using?

TomD

Useful Utilites

darttart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm using the W150M.

Thanks

Sorry, all the advice I can give is in this thread, I can't add much more. Basically, use Client+AP mode, make sure the Tenda has an IP in the range of the Sky router and turn off its DHCP server. I would advise you to disable the wireless security on both routers until you get a connection. The SkyHD box should be getting its details from the Sky router not the Tenda.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast