Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky Anytime Plus - Wifi Bridge Help

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime Plus - Wifi Bridge Help within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi, I am currently having this same problem. I've read through this thread and tried the other suggestions but nothing ...

cguk7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime Plus - Wifi Bridge Help

Hi,

I am currently having this same problem. I've read through this thread and tried the other suggestions but nothing seems to work. Are there any other ideas out there?

Quote Originally Posted by coupechick View Post
      Hi

I have activated Sky Anytime Plus and purchased an Open Media wifi bridge to use with the box.

However on setting it up on the pc and checking it was working on the pc i then put it into the sky+ box and the network is coming up as follows:

local connection FAIL
      Service connection FAIL
      IP Address 0.0.0.0
      DHCP OFF

what am i doing wrong or what can I do to make it work

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cguk7 View Post
      Hi,

I am currently having this same problem. I've read through this thread and tried the other suggestions but nothing seems to work. Are there any other ideas out there?
      A bit more information would help, eg, what have you tried? what bridge are you using? What does it show in the boxes network connections?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

cguk7 (27-04-12)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to use an Open Media wifi bridge. I have run the set up wizard on my PC, it has found and connected to my wifi router (i have both the orange and blue lights active on my bridge) but when I plug the bridge into my STB and search on the network tab in settings no networks can be found. I get the same messages as earlier highlighted on this thread (ie Local Connection - Fail, Service Connection - Fail, IP Address - 0.0.0.0, DCHP - On)

Another post suggests changing my router channel so I have tried this but to no avail.

Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      A bit more information would help, eg, what have you tried? what bridge are you using? What does it show in the boxes network connections?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

This suggests to me that the Media Bridge isn't connecting to the Sky Router.

Could I suggest that you run through the process to configure it again to connect to the Sky router using your PC? There is often a setup disc or short guide to help you to do this.

When you have configured it, check that you can access the Internet with your PC before connecting it to the Sky+ HD STB. If possible I would use a Laptop and use the WiFi bridge in the location that you intent to use it too.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

cguk7 (27-04-12)

Thanks

Hi,

Managed to sort it out. I was keying in the wrong password when setting it up on my PC . Disabled my laptop's wireless connector and it was obvious that the bridge wasn't working until I keyed in the correct password. Thanks for coming back to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      This suggests to me that the Media Bridge isn't connecting to the Sky Router.

Could I suggest that you run through the process to configure it again to connect to the Sky router using your PC? There is often a setup disc or short guide to help you to do this.

When you have configured it, check that you can access the Internet with your PC before connecting it to the Sky+ HD STB. If possible I would use a Laptop and use the WiFi bridge in the location that you intent to use it too.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

No problem. It seems that several people, who have apparently set up a media bridge, have become confused when confirming that it works, so you are not alone.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Agreed. The set-up wizard doesn't help as it says the set up has been successful regardless of whether the bridge has found your wifi router or not!

If anyone else has problems with this kit and needs help my two top tips would be:

1. Make sure you key in the right password in the set up wizard when locating your router (ie the one you would use if you were connecting your laptop/ipad, etc).
      2. Before disconnecting your bridge after set up, temporarily disable your PC's wifi connector to check that the bridge is working.

Probably obvious stuff to most but it cost me a few hours of my life that I won't get back messing about trying to connect!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      No problem. It seems that several people, who have apparently set up a media bridge, have become confused when confirming that it works, so you are not alone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cguk7 For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (28-04-12)

MAG1305 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Re: Another Open Media Wifi bridge question

Hi, I am having problem with my openmedia wifi bridge. I have installed it on my laptop and have been able to access the internet on the laptop, and the lights are all on etc. But when i have connected the bridge to the usb and ethernet plug on the sky box, no lights come on and cannot set up sky anytime, does this mean that there is no power to the bridge, and if so, what do i need to to do to resolve this?

MAG1305 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

hi, i have posted further down the lin about the probs I am having and have just come across this thread, how did you add the bridge to the router allow list?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Another Open Media Wifi bridge question

Quote Originally Posted by MAG1305 View Post
      Hi, I am having problem with my openmedia wifi bridge. I have installed it on my laptop and have been able to access the internet on the laptop, and the lights are all on etc. But when i have connected the bridge to the usb and ethernet plug on the sky box, no lights come on and cannot set up sky anytime, does this mean that there is no power to the bridge, and if so, what do i need to to do to resolve this?
      The USB ports on the box are dead. You have to power it from somewhere else or with a dedicated PSU. Youcan get USB plug in adapters.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast