Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can't get anytime+

This is a discussion on can't get anytime+ within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I've connected my router direct to my skyhd box and i keep getting service connection fail,i've tried everything checked on ...

toffee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

can't get anytime+

I've connected my router direct to my skyhd box and i keep getting service connection fail,i've tried everything checked on line and it's available to me,My routers always been connected to my pc but i've moved it to enable this anytime+ but now it's doing my head in.I've also made my pc wireless my pc will connect yet the laptop says something about a same ip on the network.Anyone got any ideas how i sort this out

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: can't get anytime+

Possibly could be the box and the Laptop having the same IP address?

Try the box again, after rebooting the router, and without the Laptop on?

Once the box has connected, then try the Laptop.

Have you setup any static IPs etc for the PC and Laptop?

If so try changing the Laptop one to something higher, ie 192.168.0.50 or similar?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

I wouldn't have a clue on how to set up a static ip

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Put the Sky HD box into Standby for a couple of minutes, then switch the power right off. Leave it for a minute then switch back on, after its been in Standby for a minute, switch the box on and enjoy Anytime+.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Tried all that no use at all,not even getting the internet coming on the router yet i can connect to sky active through the phone line so phone lines no problem.Just rang my mate to see if he's got a long ethernet cable to try and connect that way

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Have you just joined Sky or have you visited your My Sky page and requested the Anytime+ option?

If you have just joined Sky or your Sky Broadband has just been connected, then it can take a few days for Anytime+ to be enabled.

If you have just added Sky Broadband, then visit your My Sky page on the Sky website. Check that Anytime+ has been added to your account and see if it has been processed. It can take 3 days once processed to be enabled on your Sky+ HD STB.

As for the Ethernet cable, by looking at the row of LEDs on the front of your Sky router, you should be able to see if it has been plugged in correctly as the corresponding port number should be illuminated.

Whilst it may not matter too much, it is also worth mentioning that you should ideally plug the Sky+ HD STB into the Green Port on the router. This port is optimised for the STB.

Next take a look at the settings page. Using your remote control press the following keys:

<Services> <Right> <Down> 6 <Down>

You should now be on the 'Network' details page. Ideally it should look something like below:

Local Connection OK
      Service Connection OK
      IP Address 192.168.0.2 (this last digit can be any number from 2 to 254)
      DHCP ON

Whilst you have stated that the 'Service Connection' shows 'Fail', is there any other significant difference?

You could press the <Red> button to reset the settings and see what it finds if you have no local connection or IP address.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've connected a cable from the router in the back room direct into the sky box in the front room and it's now connected,trying to work out why the router wont connect to the internet when in the front room now.I really need to sort this problem out as the wifes going mad about a cable running through the room

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
      I've connected a cable from the router in the back room direct into the sky box in the front room and it's now connected,
      You've already said this.

I've asked some other questions in the previous post. Just in case the cable is faulty, for example, I asked you about the LED on the front of the router. I also asked you to check which port you are connected to.

The Sky+ HD STB can report back some useful information. could you confirm what the whole screen say please?

Finally you will not be able to get Anytime+ services unless your Sky+ HD STB has had these enabled. This is why I asked you to confirm that this has been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
      ...trying to work out why the router wont connect to the internet when in the front room now.I really need to sort this problem out as the wifes going mad about a cable running through the room
      Are you now saying that the Sky router is unable to connect to the Internet or just that the Sky STB is not connecting?

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Do you happen to have a filtered faceplate on your master socket?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      You've already said this.

I've asked some other questions in the previous post. Just in case the cable is faulty, for example, I asked you about the LED on the front of the router. I also asked you to check which port you are connected to.

The Sky+ HD STB can report back some useful information. could you confirm what the whole screen say please?

Finally you will not be able to get Anytime+ services unless your Sky+ HD STB has had these enabled. This is why I asked you to confirm that this has been completed.

Are you now saying that the Sky router is unable to connect to the Internet or just that the Sky STB is not connecting?
      I said previous i was asking a mate if he had a long cable to try and this worked,so anytime+ is set up and has been for months just never used it.The router displays a light saying the ethnernet cable is connected and the other end in the green port like you said.When i move my router to the tv and try connect that way i can't even get the internet to come on the router.Yet soon as i move it back to the normal place internet comes on.I've done a check on the phone line at the tv/sky end and thats fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast